Thread: Moose Hunt

Default Moose Hunt

I'll be taking GPS coordinates, hand drawn maps, phone calls, e-mails and PM's for your favorite hunting spots and places that you have already found a moose to shoot on opening day. All communications to be kept confidential until after I shoot my moose...

On a more serious note: there has been a lot of verbal chatter I've overheard in recent conversation while I've been out and about and there's a lot of guys sharing their spots and how to get there (gasp) .... Can you possibly wait until after you shoot your moose to talk about these spots? Some of us share those places that have some degree of discretion still and would like to keep it that way. TWO WORDS - RABBIT SLOUGH - the ADN blabbed about that and ruined the last neat little spot to take your kids in the valley for accessible fishing.
    "He who is slow to anger is better than the mighty, and he who rules his spirit is better than he who takes a city." ~ Proverbs 16:32

Default Great Moose Spot

I got a nice spot for ya, see nice bulls every time I go there...

Southeast side of Anchorage, drive up O'Malley or Huffman to the Glen Alps trailhead. Pay your $5 fee to park there, then head down the Powerline Pass trail about 1/4 mile. Glass the valley to your left, always seems to be a nice bull or two in there. Come to think of it, have always seen bulls there but never seen another hunter, how many spots are there like THAT in Mat-Su??

Glad to help...

Default hmmmmm

Don't see any takers rob ok here's one, take northernlights all the way to the west end, jump over the little fence. lots of bulls there. don't let the pesky no trespassing FAA signs bother you. I heard the TSA guys body cavity searches are more gentle after all the practice.

Default map

Can you text me the gps and map to my phone, heard those south side moose taste great, just cant shot a bear.

Default A few

Quote Originally Posted by mdhunter View Post
    I got a nice spot for ya, see nice bulls every time I go there...

Southeast side of Anchorage, drive up O'Malley or Huffman to the Glen Alps trailhead. Pay your $5 fee to park there, then head down the Powerline Pass trail about 1/4 mile. Glass the valley to your left, always seems to be a nice bull or two in there. Come to think of it, have always seen bulls there but never seen another hunter, how many spots are there like THAT in Mat-Su??

Glad to help...
    We have a few spots like that still, they are guarded (relatively) for now. LOL

I purposely started the thread with sarcasm to illustrate how silly some are being about sharing their "secret" hunting spots... I'm all for guys that are getting into the sport to do their own research and getting strategy tips but all and outright mapping to good hunting areas that are road accessible is just a no-no in my book. If you have a good spot, keep it to yourself or take someone there that isn't going to blab; don't have a public conversation about where to go and how to get there.
    "He who is slow to anger is better than the mighty, and he who rules his spirit is better than he who takes a city." ~ Proverbs 16:32

Default re spot

I would never blab your spot Rob! Starting bids for Robs hunting spots starting at 100.00 shhhhhhhhhhh

Quote Originally Posted by akspecialus View Post
    I would never blab your spot Rob! Starting bids for Robs hunting spots starting at 100.00 shhhhhhhhhhh
    So if we all pitch in $1.00 we all should do great this season. Thanks for the gentle invitation.

Default Awe C'mon!

Quote Originally Posted by akspecialus View Post
    My spots are worth more than that!

Okay... maybe only one is.