Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: TASF september

Thumbs up TASF september

I know im looking ahead but it will be here before we know it. I have an open seat in my 2 person cataraft on the 24th, 25th, and the 26th of september. Ill be fishing the kenai from sportmans to jims. Ill be based camped out of the russian river. I will have my camper at the russian with an extra bed so if anyone needs to or wants to spend the night that is fine. After a great day of fishing sitting around the fire trading lies and stories is always nice. My father was 26 years Air Force and a Veteran as well as I am a veteran. Id be more than happy to share this seat with a soldier. All gear will be provided. Just show up with your smile, the proper fishing paper work (aka liscense) and waders. If you do decide to come down a night early or stay the night it is not a problem. I have extra sleeping bags and plenty of food. Heck I still have one extra bed so if 2 guys overlap it is no big deal. I just would love to share the fun and friendship on the Kenai and show some of our guys serving our country a great time. I cant promise fish but you wont go thirsty or hungry. So if interested send me a pm and we can go from there. As I stated. No gear needed as I have it all. Oh ok 1 thing might be needed. Beer. If you would like to have a cold on please feel free and make sure you bring enough for the oarsman to have 1 or 2 when the day is done. Other than that. Show up. Fish, Catch fish, enjoy and catch some great memories.

Grandkids, Making big tough guys hearts melt at first sight

Quote Originally Posted by alaskachuck View Post
    No gear needed as I have it all. Oh ok 1 thing might be needed. Beer. If you would like to have a cold on please feel free and make sure you bring enough for the oarsman to have 1 or 2 when the day is done.

And any marauding Canadians that may be in the vicinity, EH!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by DRIFTER_016 View Post
    And any marauding Canadians that may be in the vicinity, EH!!!!

Eh. I had some of that good canadian beer last week in clagary too. The one thing i learned in canada is if you want to keep a canuck away offer them a miller lite. LMAO. Drifter i look forward to sharing some cold ones with you and a day on the water my friend

Quote Originally Posted by alaskachuck View Post
    Eh. I had some of that good canadian beer last week in clagary too. The one thing i learned in canada is if you want to keep a canuck away offer them a miller lite. LMAO. Drifter i look forward to sharing some cold ones with you and a day on the water my friend

Looks like you had a few too many!!!
    If you really want to send us running offer a Pabst Blue Ribbon or Bud Light!!!!!!
    See you on the first of Sept.
    Where is the get together going to be??????

Default get together

1st time is at your camp. the next time is at mine. **** I had not had a drink when i typed that just my fat little fingers going faster than my head. In anchorage since i know the area your staying that night we can do Humpies. If that works let me know. I can always pick you up to and take us somewhere. It is all good. Calgary. There is that better. I must say though. I have been all over the world and I dont know what you canucks put in the water but keep it up. You grow them so beautiful and sexy. If i was not married i would have been before leaving Calgary. Thank god I love my wife or as we call her the fish goddess

PBR is worse than bud light and miller light sucks. God I just never understand why drink a water beer. Ok Im sure this comment will come back and bite me in the butt.

Sounds good Chuck.
    I will be getting into Anchorage around lunch time on the 1st and we could catch a couple of fish and then head to that bar you guys like for some food and suds. I was talking to BrianM as well if he's up for it we could get him to join in. If not maybe he could join us for the food and suds part.

Thumbs up Gotta get Brian

My parents and his have known each other for alot of years and Brian and I did not know that untill this spring. So lets work on him and June and I will meet you downtown and hopfully Brian can make it too. Either way Ill be seeing you at the russian/cooper creek and I know ill meet you in anchorage but i would love for Brian to hook up with us. Especially with his new one. He and Sarah are gonna be the best parents. Im sure that boy has a couple of fly rods and he cant even walk yet. you have my number so give me a shout. ****, Im so ready to chase those bows. Looking forward to it and a big fire, lies and stories too. Oh and I have a video cam so look out buddy. LOL.

I see how you aren't guaranteeing fsh on your TASF trips, I will guarantee it so just follow me around for 3 days!!!!!!

See you in 13 1/2 days!!!!!!

Default Oh man

See that promise of fish will bite you in the butt. Ill get my fish but if i get a chance to put a soldier on fish I dont care if I ever catch a fish again. Fish Karma is a powerfull thing. So we will follow you through the drift then when we catch Hogzilla 1, 2 , 3 , and 4 and I get some nice 8X10's of our troops holding some awesome fish well..... As you know it is all about them. Ill get you dont you worry but the soldiers will get thiers too. You and I are on buddy on the fish thing. My guys and I will out dual you in a heartbeat lol. Either way fun will be had by all of us and I just cant wait. See you soon my friend

This is what lurks in those waters.

Estimated by a biologist to be 27 pounds. Caught two years ago.
    "You have given out too much reputation in the last 24 hours, try again later".

That is the one fish i am looking for. I dont care if i catch it i just hope someone in my boat catches one like that. That is an amazing fish and great job

I just wanted to get this posted again for any of our troops looking for a fun fishing trip in september

Default Soldiers wanting fishing trips

As a 1SG here on Rich..I want to thanks all you guys for what you are doing...I have numerous contacts through the BOSS program here on Rich and have immediate access to my Battalion BOSS as one of my Soldiers is the BN BOSS rep. If any of you are looking to take some of these great paratroopers..just let me know. I can round up more than you can handle..trust me on that...I think the problem with the forum and communication with the BOSS is there is no link. Send me a PM on how many seats you got, dates, time to report and phone number. I will call you with names and link the soldiers up with you so you can arrange any details that need to be covered.

Again..thanks for your services...some great guys doing great things for the ones who never ask for anything in return. Just doing their job.

Default WTU

Warrior Transition Unit for wounded Soldiers...same goes for this operation. I have contacts with the people to arrange for wounded Soldiers as well if you are only interested in taking them,,whatever you guys want to do. This is to easy!

Thanks again

Duckhunter01 thanks for the tip. For the most part when looking for one Soldier most of us have posted here or on TakeaSoldierFishing.com . Sometimes the response is minimal. Perhaps when even looking for one we should use any help we can get like yours.

I have been filling boats through Bill Miracle and Terry Yeomans.

Default Tasf

I hear ya,,,just have been on the end of trying to get some of my Soldiers to attend some of the BOSS fishing trips, kenai river, etc. The problem is either the Soldiers dont have the transportation down there and even when this is provided they usally have to still pay a fee that is a little more than more want to for a 1/2 day trip. There have been a few charter on the Kenai that have provided a full day or two fully paid for etc,,Great stuff. I will tell you there has been a problem filling these slots in the past and we have to push the Soldiers to go. Some contributing factors are it is last min notifications where the Soldiers have already made plans or they dont have the money to attend. I know some would rather go out on the bays and leave the river fishing to others. To each his own...my help is here if you or anyone else needs it. I just want to help and know I have Soldiers that would like to go... I have a boat myself and am planning on taking some as soon as I can.

WTU is another story. My fishing partner is direct link to the WTU unit as well as the 1SG over there is a close friend of mine as well. All it takes is a phone call from me and we can set this up for anyone. Continue doing what all of you are doing. I appreicate the support....You just dont see this much these days...seems everyone would love to forget we still got Soldiers deploying all the time in support of the fight.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Duckhunter01 View Post
    As a 1SG here on Rich..I want to thanks all you guys for what you are doing...I have numerous contacts through the BOSS program here on Rich and have immediate access to my Battalion BOSS as one of my Soldiers is the BN BOSS rep. If any of you are looking to take some of these great paratroopers..just let me know. I can round up more than you can handle..trust me on that...I think the problem with the forum and communication with the BOSS is there is no link. Send me a PM on how many seats you got, dates, time to report and phone number. I will call you with names and link the soldiers up with you so you can arrange any details that need to be covered.

Again..thanks for your services...some great guys doing great things for the ones who never ask for anything in return. Just doing their job.

Duck Ill be shooting you a pm this evening also with my phone number. Im setting my stuff up about a month ahead of time to give the soldiers time to work around this. Money is a non issue other that they need to drive to russian/kenai river. All else is provided by me. I added you to my contact list so when I have more time this evening Ill shoot you all the details of the days i have

Any business or individual that would like to write off their fishing trips to help with the ever rising fuel costs please go thru Rmiller. If he sends me an invoice for your expenses we will issue you a 100% tax deductible receipt. For business owners this will be good for you but not as effective for individuals unless you go out ALOT. You must donate $600 or more for it to be a write off. It isn't much but it is what we can offer for your patriotism.

As donations come in we are looking to provide transportation to and from the bases to the fishing spots. It might be paid transportation or we might buy a van or three specifically for the trips. This will get rid of the added expense for the soldiers. Our goal is to have a totally free fishing trip for these soldiers.

Eventually I would like to see a hunting section added to the Alaska forum on our site. Take a Soldier Hunting.... Why not a good place to start this then Alaska?

Have a great night everyone. Mike www.takeasoldierfishing.com

Default Hey Mike

Thanks for the info on the tax break. Im sure guys like Alaska Gray that do this alot can use it. Im just a little guy with a boat and it would just be an honor to me to put a soldier on fish. Tax break or not the guys that do this Im sure are not and never will be in it for anything other than a photo and a memory. If it was not for the men and woman serving us I would not be able to fish my brains out and offer trips to our soldiers. I know alot of the guys involved in this are army but as my father would say (retired USAF E-9) That noise you hear is not Jet noise, it is the sound of freedom. As has been stated on my posts and on the TASF site. Money is not why any of us do this. The tax offer is nice and Im sure it can and will be used. A smile and a nice fish is priceless. God Bless the USA

Default Taxes

Great news from Mike...would help alot and seems the transportation issue could be resolved as well with larger groups..great news story.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast