Thread: moose calling it works

Default moose calling it works

For those of you who have not read todays News Miner, their is an article about moose calling.

The best part is the military hunting community gets some positive light.

I have to thank the editor for an excellent job on this article.

And yes, I am Pangborn

http://www.newsminer.com/news/2008/a...ringing-moose/

Good job man, congrats! Good luck to you guys this fall, I hope you manage to do some damage in the woods before doing some damage in the desert. My cousin is with the Strykers as well.

Default Hmmmm

Im thinking I ought to send my wife a call and some videos now That way she can call moose in fro me when she gets back.

Nice write up Rod.

Steve
    "I refuse to let the things I can't do stop me from doing the things I can"
    Founding Member
    http://www.residenthuntersofalaska.org/

Default Good Job!!

Congrats Rod!

Good luck on this years hunt!
    Clint from NCOA

Default missing

I must say that one item/person was missing from the article. STID2677 or Steve has been along on most of my hunts and another hunt in a week. If Steve did not initially spot the moose on the side of the mountain on the first morning of the hunt we may have moved camp and never called in a moose. You have to be in moose country to call-em-in. Pre-scouting ensured we were in great moose habitat. Luck was along for the rest of the ride.

I have to thank Steve for being a great friend and a mentor in the field.

I am a firm believer that everything happens for a reason. For what reason I am not always sure.

I was not going to go to the moose calling competition in Fairbanks. I had four inches of water in my crawl space and I was "ankle deep" in work.
    My wife said we needed a break from the stressfull situation, so we headed to fairbanks and the News Miner tells the rest of the story. Nothing like winning a new gun to relieve some stress!!

Default Thanks for Sharing!

Excellent! Number one, thank you my brother for protecting my family, our country and all of our freedom. Number two... (insert bull grunt here) you gotta get a vid on youtube to show the skillz!

Thanks again!
    "He who is slow to anger is better than the mighty, and he who rules his spirit is better than he who takes a city." ~ Proverbs 16:32

congrats! I thought the same thing about the positive light angle...good to see.

I think it would take about 3 days to download a video on youtube with the 56k dial-up internet I have. I will look into it though. I hope I can call in a moose this year.

The next post I make will have some pictures of another great trip into the wilds of Alaska.

Good luck to all hunters this fall.