Thread: Ivishak this Friday for Caribou

Default Ivishak this Friday for Caribou

So this Friday I am going up the Ivishak to float out for Caribou. First float hunt and first time chasing Caribou.

Anyone have any last minute advise or tips on Caribou and what to take for fishing lures for the Grayling and hopefully Char??

Or any advise on this river. I know I won't be alone and plan on hiking some off the beaten path.

Thanks
    Sam

Default you may want...

Quote Originally Posted by 375ultramag View Post
    So this Friday I am going up the Ivishak to float out for Caribou. First float hunt and first time chasing Caribou.

Anyone have any last minute advise or tips on Caribou and what to take for fishing lures for the Grayling and hopefully Char??

Or any advise on this river. I know I won't be alone and plan on hiking some off the beaten path.

Thanks
    Sam
    to read this thread

http://forums.outdoorsdirectory.com/...ad.php?t=36984

just so you know what some are saying...

"0" mepps spinners if your a gear fisherman and small black woolies for fly fishing but really almost anything should work.

Default Ivishak

Prepare for the crowds, its almost as bad as he haul road. We just returned Friday. Too many people, very few bou, no char, good grayling, good water level. If you have never floated it before heres a tip, as soon as you hit the Sag, take the very first braid to the left, it will be within a few hundred yards, the main river goes right, take the left. If not you will miss the take out. If by chance you do miss it you will come to some man made dykes next to the road, take out there. Bou were hi, none on the river bottom. Good luck