Thread: rafting the kroto to the deshka

Smile rafting the kroto to the deshka

has anyone gone threw this rafting adventure?

I have done it. It was quite a few years ago but it was a very easy float. Camped on gravel bars. Saw lots of bears. Caught lots of fish.
    Grandkids, Making big tough guys hearts melt at first sight

Default what kind of raft did you use?

what time of the year?water level?sweepers?

In my case is was a spring trip in a 2 person cataraft. I put a platform in the middle to help haul the extra gear. No white water at all. I used spin and glos for kings but the trout was on flys and nymphs. Im talking almost 8 years ago though. You might want to contact Mike Strahan (sp) on the site here. He is an expert on rafts and floating the rivers in alaska. Or just take a few days and im sure you will get some responses. You might want to throw this question out in the fishing thread for the types of gear too.

water was average and the river is so slow too and i never say any sweepers. Like I have said. Throw this question out in the fishing thread too and see what the others have to say there also
    Grandkids, Making big tough guys hearts melt at first sight

you might consider floating Moose Cr. to the Deshka instead of Kroto. Moose is a bit bigger and you are likely to drag less than on Kroto. Either one will get you there, one just might be more of a hike than the other. Just a thought...
    Take care, abel6wt

Default threads

try this thread
    http://forums.outdoorsdirectory.com/...ighlight=kroto
    also put kroto in the search, I researched this a lot in the spring/early summer. I was going to float kroto to deshka, and they closed it on the first day of my trip, luckily I wasn't on the river when I found out.

also PM member "tjm" he has floated this many many times and has a A LOT of good information. He helped me out, he is very friendly and a world class fisherman and person.

Cody