Thread: clear water help

Default clear water help

i want to fish for silvers in october. I have a 12ft jon boat flat bottom with a 5hp briggs and stratton(prop). Will this be enough or will it work on the delta clear water river seeing how moose creek water level dips in mid sep how low is the clear water in early to mid october. And will it be waste of my prop and lower unit? thanks in advance

The Clearwater is spring fed so it pretty much maintains the same level all year. You're probably fine in your Jon boat. Just up stream from the boat launch you will make a right hand turn onto a wide shallow area, there you may well want to lift the motor and walk the boat through. We used to have to do that with our inflatable. Once past that you will probably be good for several miles upstream. When we were last there in 07 the sweepers were really bad. Good luck

You can also fish Clearwater lake and have no issues with your prop. It is spring fed as well and should be open in Oct depending on temps.

Never been to the lake, is it accessible by road or does one have to access by the Tanana?

The lake has a road going to it from Jack Warren as well as a public boat launch, I forget the name of the road but it should be easy to find.

You should tray the richardson Clearwater too it is full of silvers.......

Default where is the rich clear water

i am not to familiar with the location of this stream. i missed all salmon season overseas. I want to have some fun before the white stuff begins to fall.

Quote Originally Posted by TeXXaN View Post
    i am not to familiar with the location of this stream. i missed all salmon season overseas. I want to have some fun before the white stuff begins to fall.
    I am wondering the same thing, been all over the Richardson HWY and never seen a Clearwater River.

It is on the other side of the tanana, you put your boat in at shaw creek, it is about 15min boat ride in my boat,

Default cool

im assuming that that is down in delta the tanana is along the rich and parks highway.

Yes it is just out side of delta

That is the clearwater river TeXXaN and I have been talking about, you reach it by driving your boat up the Tanana river from the boat ramp where the Richardson HWY crosses it or you drive up Jack Warren road and go to the State recreation area.

I am still confused on exactly where the clearwater river is that Extreme Duty is talking about. Guess I need to pull a map out and take a look.

"Hey its just outside of Delta", dont cha know?
    There is a "Clear creek" on the southside of the Tanana in the Shaw creek area? it cuts back and parellels the Tanana for a short distance, perhaps that is it? its the only thing I found on the map I have?