Thread: Cabelas Big Horn 3 tent experience

Default Cabelas Big Horn 3 tent experience

Does anyone have any experience with this tent? Looking for reviews from people who have used them in Alaska.

bump for the monday crowd

i've used the Bighorn on kodiak last year and couldn't send it back fast enough, so much water in the inside of the tent it wasnt' even funny, i tried to tarp it like a fly and that helped a bit but not enough. Hated going into that thing every night, strong, held up in the winds but it just created tons and tons of moisture.
    I went with the XWT 12x12 and am absolutly thrilled!!!
    Www.blackriverhunting.com
    Master guide 212

Quote Originally Posted by BRWNBR View Post
    i've used the Bighorn on kodiak last year and couldn't send it back fast enough, so much water in the inside of the tent it wasnt' even funny, i tried to tarp it like a fly and that helped a bit but not enough. Hated going into that thing every night, strong, held up in the winds but it just created tons and tons of moisture.
    I went with the XWT 12x12 and am absolutly thrilled!!!
    Was it the BH II or BH III that you used? I think they used a different fabric with the 3 to solve some of the problems like this.

I use the bighorn 2 for 3 weeks during moose season for the last 4 years. No problems with it. Yes, it will produce some condensation, but I use mine with a woodstove and do not have a moisture problem. I got mine for 350 dollars everything but the stove included (new), so the price was right.

Default Tent

$300... what a deal.