Thread: Ingram Creek

Question Ingram Creek

I have been out of town for about 10 days and need to scratch a fishing itch for the day. I dont want to hassle with bird right now and am shying away from hope. I always see people fishing Ingram Creek (the creek at the bottom of turnagain pass) Does it get a decent run of pinks. Im not looking to slay them just catch and release a few to get the need out of my system. Any help would be great. It is just one of those streams i drive by all the time and have never fished in 26 years and Id like to try a change of scenery today. If it is not good I guess ill head to hope
    Grandkids, Making big tough guys hearts melt at first sight

I was the same as you, Chuck - lots of years of driving by it without ever stopping. Over the past two years I've stopped a couple of times, though, and now enjoy that little creek a lot. There aren't lots of pinks, but there are usually enough to keep you busy. I have stopped there primarily to take my nephews fishing, and they were each able to hook into a couple. The good part is that it's right on the way to Hope, so if you don't see much it's not like you went out of your way.

Thanks Brian. I think im gonna take the wifes car (nissan 350Z roadster) on a little road trip this afternoon. Like you said Ill give it a shot and if not hope is not far. If i catch a couple it will cure that itch. It looks like a nice stream, easy access and heck just being out on the water is always a nice "fix" for my addication. Thanks again and dang someday there is a beer out there for us to finally meet up

Default ingram

Walk upstream above where the main creek and the side shoot connect and you'll have a good time guaranteed. I've pulled a few dollies out as well. Just watch the tide as the further stretch won't be affected but if you walk back when it's high tide it gets deeper than expected near the parking lot. Nothing too bad but if you were only wearing hip waders, you'd be upset upon return.. LOL

Mostly worn out pinks, but great for kids. My five year old caught five in a row the other day, right before his birthday.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Hike faster. I hear banjo music.

Quote Originally Posted by alaskachuck View Post
    Thanks Brian. I think im gonna take the wifes car (nissan 350Z roadster) on a little road trip this afternoon. Like you said Ill give it a shot and if not hope is not far. If i catch a couple it will cure that itch. It looks like a nice stream, easy access and heck just being out on the water is always a nice "fix" for my addication. Thanks again and dang someday there is a beer out there for us to finally meet up
    I hope you get "Junes" permission before you steal her lil hot rod! LOL

Default Of course

You bet you butt I asked for permission. Man i do not touch her baby without asking. I decided to wait untill tomorrow to go though since Im off and can hit the road for a nice afternoon tide

Thumbs up Tons of Pinks

You should have no problem catching pinks there. My son caught 2 with one arm in a cast.
    We never really grow up, we only learn
    how to act in public