Thread: Non-FFL person shipping to lower 48

Question Non-FFL person shipping to lower 48

What is the procedure for a non-FFL person to ship a long gun to a person in the lower 48? Can I just go to the UPS store and ship to someone's FFL, or do I have to have a local FFL holder do the shipping to another FFL? Any help from someone who has done this before would be appreciated. Thanks.

You don't need to have someone with an FFL license to ship your firearm to someone/business if they have an FFL license.

Thank you for clearing that up. Who's usually the easiest to work with, USPS or UPS?

Just make sure that whatever FFL license holder you are shipping your rifle to will accept a firearm from a non-FFL holder (let `em know before you ship). There's a few out there that are anal about it, but I've never had any problems and I have at least 12-15 gun purchases and sales over the `net with no problems, ever.

Never had an issue with UPS...

Thanks again, much appreciated.

This has only been beaten to death maybe a thousand times.

The search function is your friend, and by the way, you can also go to the BATF website where all of your ?'s will be answered.

You original question was vague at best, did you sell the firearm and now want to ship? Are you moving down and want to ship? Are you giving it to them and want to ship?
    Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocre minds. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence. Albert Einstein

Better living through chemistry (I'm a chemist)

You can piddle with the puppies, or run with the wolves...