Thread: Rabbit Creek Question

Default Rabbit Creek Question

Heading up on the 31st of August, for a moose hunt on Sept 8. I seem to recall a mention over the winter/spring that some things had changed at Rabbit Creek - can someone let me know the days of the week, and hours, that the range is open?

Also. have new restriction been put in place or is the range officer just very enthusiastic?

Thanks,

michael

Quote Originally Posted by mdhunter View Post
    Also. have new restriction been put in place or is the range officer just very enthusiastic?

Thanks,

michael
    I'm not sure what you've heard, but I was out there today and it was as it has always been. No odd range rules and no overly enthusiastic range officer.

Default second that

I was also at Rabbit Creek today and had a great time. The range Officers were very helpful, bore sighted my rifle, answered all my questions, and generally made it a fun safe shoot.

Default Where is it

Can you please share where it is located for us out of towners comming in and what distances are available. Thanks for the help.

Head south on the Seward Highway (the only road going south out of town). When you pass under the over-pass for Rabbit Creek Road and get your first view of Turnagain Arm, you'll see down there on the right...can't miss it.

Default How far

About how far would you say it is and what distances can you shoot at?

About a mile out of south Anchorage...not far.

Centerfire rifle is on one range, and you can set up targets at any distance up to 100 yards, which is the max.

How far from what?

It's about 10 miles from the airport according to google maps.

It is a 100 yard range.

Default Thanks

I appreciate the info. Headed there in 7 days and a wake up

Just a reminder that the range is closed on Mon and Tue. A co-worker headed out there Mon after work only to find that out.

Quote Originally Posted by tboehm View Post
    I appreciate the info. Headed there in 7 days and a wake up
    hey t - i always bring my own targets to rabbit creek, they probably sell them too but you may want to bring a couple with you. 100 yard range as the guys have stated, benches, target frames, and tape are free, or at least they were...

not like some ranges out here, the shooters can call the cease fire rather than having cease-fire on strict intervals. you'll see how things roll when you get there!

Actually when there are 4 or more folks on the rifle line they do call a cease fire every 15-20 minutes. And don't be suprised if it's crowded. Yesterday at lunch at grabbed one of the last free benches, and some folks had to wait for others to pack up before they could begin shooting.

The handgun and rimfire ranges don't have formal cease fires.

They do sell targets, or you can take the cheap route. Pick a target frame with a target that isn't completely shot out, slap some tape on the holes and call er good.

they also rent lead sleds for a dollar or two. Last week they had about four diferent style targets to chose from. Again a dollar or two for five targets. If you have any questions just ask the range officer, as they just want a safe range and will be very helpful.