Thread: FLoat hunt the Noatak

Default FLoat hunt the Noatak

I was wondering if anyone has done a float hunt here? I'm looking with some friend to do a float hunt in 2007. back in 99 I fly out with Mavrik Aire to the Agi river and had a blast. Mavrike treated us great. I would like if I can get any info on other services to use. I would like to use Mavrik again but I just want to see if there anything cheaper.
    Living the Alaskan Dream
    Gary Keller
    Anchorage, AK

Default Noatak Floats

I would be comfortable in saying that the Noatak has probably eclipsed the Hoholitna River as the most float-hunted river in the state at the present time. Lots of parties going up there. I have also hunted it several times. Beautiful country and if you time it correctly the caribou hunting can be good. There are also a fair number of grizzlies up there.

The air charters have also discovered the Noatak and some are beating it to death, and there is a bit of aerial spotting with aircraft going on up there; something I detest on the grounds of fair chase. Drop me a PM and I'll be happy to talk with you on the air charter situation.

-Mike
    LOST CREEK COMPANY: Specializing in Alaska hunt consultation and planning for do-it-yourself hunts, fully outfitted hunts, and guided hunts.
    CLICK HERE to send me a private message.
    Web Address: http://alaskaoutdoorssupersite.com/hunt-planner/
    Mob: 1 (907) 229-4501
    "Dream big, and dare to fail." -Norman Vaughan
    "I have climbed my mountain, but I must still live my life." - Tenzig Norgay

Thanks for the info
    Living the Alaskan Dream
    Gary Keller
    Anchorage, AK

Almost all of the river is in Noatak Nat. Preserve. I would try calling their office. They should have a fairly accurate count of how many parties are dropped on that river, and also have a list of both guides with concessions and transporters permitted to operate there. Ask them if Mavrik is allowed to operate there.
    With all the number of hunters going thru Kotz, check into Bettles as your fly out point.
    I can't help being a lazy, dumb, weekend warrior.......I have a JOB!
    I have less friends now!!

Will do. I just called the Fish and game up there to send me some information.
    Living the Alaskan Dream
    Gary Keller
    Anchorage, AK

Default Kelly River

Look Into The Kelly River. I Did A Fishing Trip There In Aug 2004 And Saw Lots Of Caribou And Bear. No Moose. Lots Of Wildlife And Best Part.....0 People In 7 Days And 38 Miles Of River. I Recently Went Down The Kugururok And Used Eric Sieh (hageland Aviation). I Will Use Him Again. Very Professional And Excellent Pilot. Very Little Wildlife Seen On The Kug, But Tons Of Moose Tracks Seen Between Kagvik Creek And Trail Creek (10 Mile Section In Middle Of Kug).