Thread: Kenai Area

Default Kenai Area

The wife told me she wants to go to the Kenai to do some fishing because we haven't been down there and we are getting ready to leave this winter. Anyone have suggestions for two people who want to do some bank/wading fishing down there tomorrow?
    This is a pre-emptive Thank You for any advice.

My buddy told me about a place off of Funny River Rd., but that is all I know.

There were Fish getting caught at Eagle Rock thought out the day. Casting Spinners.

Thanks!!!

Does anyone know what road leads to the Eagle Rock access point?

Default Eagle Rock Road

Take Eagle Rock Road at MP 5 of the Kenai Spur Highway.

I have one word to describe today's fishing PINKS!!! This is the highest concentration of pinks that I have seen in my recollection! The water literally boiled with pinks, like a pot of pink soup!

We fished this afternoon and managed to find one silver, but somewhere around 75-100 silvers. We were casting spinners, flies, as well as fishing eggs and kwikies... all pinks.

Good luck

Quote Originally Posted by alaskanfishguides View Post
    Take Eagle Rock Road at MP 5 of the Kenai Spur Highway.

I have one word to describe today's fishing PINKS!!! This is the highest concentration of pinks that I have seen in my recollection! The water literally boiled with pinks, like a pot of pink soup!

We fished this afternoon and managed to find one silver, but somewhere around 75-100 silvers. We were casting spinners, flies, as well as fishing eggs and kwikies... all pinks.

Good luck
    Thanks for the heads up. Either way, it should be a good time. I'll just have to bust out my super silver salmon lure .

Just wanted to say thanks to those who gave me some info for fishing in the Kenai area. The wife and I had our own little Humpy derby at Eagle Rock. She won 6-5 in an hour. We then went to a place off of Funny River Rd. and I caught a 30.5 in Silver, which was a lot of fun. Thanks again.