Thread: Special things around Barrow to photograph... :-)

Barrow, Alaska

Default Special things around Barrow to photograph... :-)

I mentioned in another article that there are special things around Barrow to photograph; but I'll bet some objects fitting that description might be amusing. Visiting photographers, for example...

It's a small place of course, and Barrow is "exotic", so we get a fair share of media people, virtually all of whom can be spotted a mile away. I've had the pleasure of meeting/working with NASA photographers, National Geographic photographers, NYC cinematographers, well known Alaska photographers, etc. etc. It's always fun (and very educational) to talk shop.

So I'll post a couple images of some of the "outdoor" photography I was forced into (forced I tell you!) a few days ago!

Here is (of course) the kind of picture I really wanted to take that day.
    But this is the kind of picture that I got, what with that other photographer...
    I finally gave up! I had to concentrate on just the photographer for the rest of the day... a difficult job, but somebody had to do it!
    Italian photographer Raffaella Milandri is a delightful person to photograph. We had lots of fun pointing cameras at each other, but I won hands down on that deal because she is photogenic.
    Here's her webpage with photography from places like Nepal and India.

The first one is a real nice photo. Pretty lady, too

Living @ the Top of the World in Barrow Alaska

The third image is my favorite, clearly shows your profound skills with a camera !!

Do you mind if I use that image under the 'fair exemption' act to teach photographic skills.. " that particular photograph is truely worth 1,000 words " !!

Great Job Floyd, Keep up the great work.