Thread: Outboard on the Sheenjek??

Default Outboard on the Sheenjek??

From those who have floated this river, would it be possible to use a small zodiac and outboard motor from Last Lake to Koness River - somebody has offered the use of one - crazy idea?

CG

Get with Larry Bartlett, he knows that area well. From what i've read and heard the water may be a little to shallow to use a motor but Larry would know better than I.

Default sheenjek

Well as with a lot of rivers I guess it might depend on what you are expecting the zodiac to do for you. Buck Nelson did a well documented trip on this river & may be a good source as well.

how small is the zodiak and does it have a wood transome?
    You really need at least a 13 ft raft in White water config. to float this river.

Default Little late

If you are talking the upper river, it is starting to get late. If this year's weather is any indication, expect an early freeze.

Good luck

ALASKAN SEA-DUCTION
    1988 M/Y Camargue YachtFisher
    MMSI# 338131469
    Blog: http://alaskanseaduction.blogspot.com/

We have a 14 foot raft already and we can go with another similar raft or 12 foot zodiac with transome and small outboard - can row this too - somebody who floated last year said the zodiac would be handy for some stretches.
    Thanks, CG.

Any raft with a transom will soon have a hole knocked in the floor..I'd stick with a standard round boat.