Thread: Hunting Schedule Yukon Range/Eielson

Default Hunting Schedule Yukon Range/Eielson

Anyone know the Air Force/Army plans for exercises this September behind Eielson (Skyline Drive, Brigadere Road, Quarry Rd, etc.? If I remember right, last year it was only open 1-5 Septembe.. I've been hunting back there since 1993, and it gets worse every year unfortunately.

Fishnman, I havent heard anything as of late, but the boys at Wainwright maybe out of town already. The best advice I can give is to keep calling the automated voice deal and listen for the closed areas, or keep an eye on their website. http://www.usarak.army.mil/conservation/REC_FWA.htm
    Good luck!

Default not gone yet

us boys on wainwright arent gone yet and i dont know of any training goin on out there since most equipment is on its way to iraq. just hope i get a chance to go last year here in alaska and still moose less. so i got to get one. its nice being bow certed but not knowing were any moose are sucks havent even seen a bull this year. but let me see a spike on opening day down he goes. lol

Don't know about the Yukon Training Area but the Airborne Brigade will be training at the Donnelly Training are during moose season.

I have heard that an exercise is planned for Sept at Elmendorf but don't know exactly what that will entail or involve.