Thread: Air Service cancellations due to Porcipine Bou mov't?

Default Air Service cancellations due to Porcipine Bou mov't?

Recieved a phone call today from a friend who said that some of the Air Charters are cancelling flights to hunt the Porcipine herd due to its movement into Canada......any word on this from anyone else??

Default It sounds reasonable...

Quote Originally Posted by rick1964 View Post
    Recieved a phone call today from a friend who said that some of the Air Charters are cancelling flights to hunt the Porcipine herd due to its movement into Canada......any word on this from anyone else??
    What area are these [rumored] cancellations coming from....Fairbanks, Tok, Slope?

Default bou

Rumor was from Coldfoot area.....do not want to mention Charters names to make folks nervous.

Quote Originally Posted by rick1964 View Post
    Rumor was from Coldfoot area.....do not want to mention Charters names to make folks nervous.

Don't make me nervous. Caribou been known to do things differently from time to time.

Anyway; as a hunter, I would rather hear it from the operator and know what I am getting into (or not getting into ) than to show up and get the bad news.....or worse yet to find out the operator knows the herd is doing something out of the "usual" and just took me out on a camping trip....

As an operator, it's should be important to let the hunter know what's up...then when the decisions are made in real time they are made with full knowledge.

its cool when the flying service calls with a heads up. the last year I hunted the mulchatna, the service called my wife and asked if we wanted to re-book due to the bou not migrating the way they should be.

Unfortunately we were already in the air heading to Iliamna. still filled the freezer but it was spotty.

Default Sounds Honest

I wouldn't hesitate to share their name. Sounds like they are an honest operation and that the kind of people that I would want to do business with.

Sounds like a good transporter trying to keep the clients happy. I had a hunt like that several years ago. The transporter called and was giving updates about everyother day and finally he called and said that he was not going to fly us out for a "camping" trip. The following year we had a great time.

Default Good Service

Sounds like a good honest service to me. We work to hard to throw away our money, so I diffenetly would call him back or book with him again.

Terry