Thread: petersburg report

Default petersburg report

Just got back from petersburg area stayed 10 days. Fishing was great caught lots of salmon humpies,sockeye and silvers. Caught 4 halibut tons of dollies and various other fish, Rented a boAt from Doyles and stayed in a cabin 7 nights. Took my 2 sons with me[18 and 32]. I have been planning this for a year. It was everything I hoped it would be and a whole lot more. It rained less than 1 hour the whole time we were there. Went swimming 3 times it was so warm. this was my second time to Alaska [first was a cruise]and it truly was great. I received lots of tips and info from various people on this forum. THANKS TO ALL OF YOU!

So.....................Lets see some pictures!!!!!

I took over 300 pictures and 1 1/2 hours of video. I'll get my sons to post some.

Default Petersburg Report

Just got back from Petersburg and caught plenty of halibut but no luck with the salmon. HOping to go back next summer and try again.
    What area did you fish for salmon? We fished the wrangell narrows, blind slough and near Prince of Wales.

Quote Originally Posted by newman View Post
    It rained less than 1 hour the whole time we were there.
    NFW!!! Impossible. In 10 days?

Hottest day of the year was last Tuesday here in J-town. Hit 76 degrees.
    Last edited by L. G.; 08-25-2008 at 12:38. Reason: .

I can't say I have heard of it raining that little. I'll be heading back to Petersburg this Saturday for another great week of fishing. My brother was in the Kake area this past weekend and caught his silver limit in less than 20 minutes.....says the run is doing quite well right now. can't wait!