Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Sheep Creek trip

  1. #1
    New member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    3

    Default Sheep Creek trip

    In my last two trips to Sheep Creek, there have been a number of drunk @$$holes who, basically, ruin the whole trip for the rest of us. Last weekend, drunk-guy A tells drunk-guy B that he enjoys fishing because he escapes the nagging of his wife. Although this may be true for some fishermen, I didnít believe drunk-guy A because he was the annoying, intolerable, talk-at-the-top of his voice guy that was talking for over 3 hours straight. Most women, usually, do not talk at the top of their voice for 3 hours straight. What gives? Now donít get me wrong, there were the occasional few seconds of silence to light and puff on the cigarette and also to take some swigs of whiskey at 800 in the morning. All I am trying to say is if you get drunk, donít be a loud and obnoxious jerk. And if you are the friend of one of these guys, give him a stern lecture of how to act in public. There are also children, and people for that matter, out there that do not need to see this type of behavior. Please keep this type of nonsense private. Thanks, Digger!

  2. #2
    Member pike_palace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    the 907
    Posts
    2,326

    Default

    Why do you think I don't fish anywhere near Anchorage?
    "Ya can't stop a bad guy with a middle finger and a bag of quarters!!!!"- Ted Nugent.

  3. #3
    Member AF EOD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    North Pole
    Posts
    123

    Default Digger and Dumb-bear show

    You mean to tell me you don't down a fifth of whiskey at 0600 and yell "dumb-bear!" at the top of your lungs while fishing?

    Our party of five managed to limit out every day last Fri/Sat/Sun between Sheep Creek and Caswell. I wouldn't classify it as "hot" but it was fairly consistent, and a lot of fun in and around the whiskey-enhanced 80 decibel conversation nearby.

    Tip: at Sheep Creek just below the mouth there is a group of three birch trees that have leaned over and into the water. The branches dip into the creek about 15 feet out and channelize the silvers between the edge of the leaves/branches and the silty water of the Su. Throwing here produced fish at a rate of three-to-one than areas immediately up and downstream. Consistent lures were pink #4 mepps/virax and pink pixies...both worked slow.

    At Caswell there were a TON of fish choking the creek...problem is most of them had lock-jaw. After a bit of casting there was always that one fish that had to have it, though. We caught a few of them sight-fishing upstream where you have that nice higher bank. We would wait for them to swim by and then start jigging our #4 pink/green mepps up and down. Eventually, there was one that just had to have it. It's a lot of fun to watch one come all the way across the creek to tag it while others just swim right by it. Casting up there it was kind of hard to avoid snagging them...they were thick!

    Tight lines!

  4. #4
    Member trochilids's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Palmer, Alaska
    Posts
    143

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AF EOD View Post
    Tip: at Sheep Creek just below the mouth there is a group of three birch trees that have leaned over and into the water. The branches dip into the creek about 15 feet out and channelize the silvers between the edge of the leaves/branches and the silty water of the Su. Throwing here produced fish at a rate of three-to-one than areas immediately up and downstream. Consistent lures were pink #4 mepps/virax and pink pixies...both worked slow.
    That area of Sheep worked well for us earlier in the week, too, but at some point someone cut back those trees and removed everything from the water. The bank and water are all relatively clear now. Whoever did it was probably able to salvage $50 in lures in the process. Don't ask how I know.

    Cheers!
    Palmer, Alaska
    "There are some things money can buy. For everything else, there's ALASKA!"

  5. #5

    Wink Hmmmmmmmm

    Quote Originally Posted by trochilids View Post
    That area of Sheep worked well for us earlier in the week, too, but at some point someone cut back those trees and removed everything from the water. The bank and water are all relatively clear now. Whoever did it was probably able to salvage $50 in lures in the process. Don't ask how I know.

    Cheers!
    Were you the guy selling spinners at the parking area? If so, I want my #5 Silver Vibrax back! Oh and the squirrel says eat $#@! you dog for cutting down my house.


  6. #6
    Member trochilids's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Palmer, Alaska
    Posts
    143

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FishnMan View Post
    Were you the guy selling spinners at the parking area? If so, I want my #5 Silver Vibrax back! Oh and the squirrel says eat $#@! you dog for cutting down my house.

    Two years ago I snagged on something in Sheep Creek and somehow ended up pulling in a branch with several perfectly good spinners on it. This year, however, I've been on the donating end of the spectrum...
    Palmer, Alaska
    "There are some things money can buy. For everything else, there's ALASKA!"

  7. #7

    Default

    Was there Tues and Weds, you missed the crazy guy screaming at the top of his lungs from 0300 to 0330 (that's AM). My daughter was worried I was going to go "speak" to him and it kept her up all night. I figured he was crazy enough I'd let him have his moment, nothing good would have come if I'd gone over. I was also commenting to my wife later how I'd never seen so many people drinking beer at 6:00 AM. Fishing was slow too. There is a bumper sticker out there that my wife and I quote on a daily basis, it goes, "God Bless the Freaks".

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •