Thread: Spotting Scope Help

Default Spotting Scope Help

Which would be better? The Pentex PF63 20x-50x63 or the Nikon Team Realtree 15-45x60? i dont have too much to spend on this but i would like to pick one up to hold me over for a while. Any help would be great.

From what I can see these scopes are both in the $350 range. If that is your budget then I would call Doug at camera land and see what kind of a deal he can work you. I have been looking at the Nikon Spotter XLII as a sweet spotter to have in the arsenal. It looks like it is about $100 more than the other scopes you are looking at but its deminsions are so sweet that I think you would find it usefull even if you decided to buy a larger piece of German hardware in the future.

If you want the setup LuJon is talking about for a lil' cheaper you could buy from here for less than $390 with a tripod and two cases. Just a thought.

thanks for the help guys i really appreciate it. i would like to give a call to doug but i am currently deployed right now and calling is out of the question. but thanks for the info. i will look into the xl II and thank you for the website Lanche. i will give that a try. thanks again.

Default If you have time and Internet access for research...

This website looked useful. I bookmarked it for winter reading:
    http://www.betterviewdesired.com/65m...ing-Scopes.php

This one too - though I could only find binoculars stuff:
    http://www.consumersearch.com/www/sp...s/reviews.html

A lot of positive comments about various Pentax and Nikon optics elsewhere on this website.

Enjoy shopping. Holler if you have any other questions.

Quote Originally Posted by jacobet View Post
    thanks for the help guys i really appreciate it. i would like to give a call to doug but i am currently deployed right now and calling is out of the question. but thanks for the info. i will look into the xl II and thank you for the website Lanche. i will give that a try. thanks again.
    I don't know where you are at but I spent over a year at balad, Iraq and there is a morale number that can be called from any of the USAF DSN phones. I worked at the AFTH and could make 15 minute phone calls pretty much at will. If you aren't familliar with the number (I can't remember it off hand) then just ask the first USAF person you run into cause if there is a bennefit the Air Force knows how to get the most of it! It is a DSN line so if you have access to one even if it is an army phone you are probably set. The standard was 15 minute calls but the number links you to a stateside dial tone that will accept toll free stateside phone numbers usually for calling cards but any toll free number can be reached without having to talk to an opperator. Since Camera Land has a toll free I don't see any problem getting through to them especcially if you have internet access.

Default Good deal on your scope?

Jacobet,

Maybe a fine deal if this your scope?
    PF 63 Zoom Spotting Scope $229.99

Shoot Doug an email quick. Here's the link:
    http://forums.outdoorsdirectory.com/...ad.php?t=36636

Either way, good luck!

thank you guys so much. i emailed Doug today so maybe we can work something out. i also talked to some of the guys here and they hooked me up with that DSN number you were talking about LuJon. i dont know why they just dont brief that when you get here. makes to much sense i guess. but thank you again for all yalls help. happy hunting.

I am one of those AF comm guys and I can tell you that the reason why it is a coveted secret is because if it is abused, then they will shut that number down in a heart beat. That's why we keep it to ourselves and don't spread it around. Also, that number only has 49 lines. Once they are full, then your gonna have to wait your turn to grab one, so be persistent and don't get frustrated.
    Loving God, Loving People, Loving America--Serving All Three