Thread: new sstock for my ruger

Question new sstock for my ruger

I have a ruger mkII sporter with a laminated stock in .300 win mag. I got the laminated stock cuz its a little togher than the the reg wood. But the length of pull it is to long for me(and im 6'1" and I got long arms). Any way I want to "upgrade" to a synthetic for it. I like the hoges like the one on my 375 alaskan hawkey but they are pretty heavy and I ive heard good and bad about them. Then there is the mcmillan. Any thoughts on the pros and cons of the two thanks.

You won't go wrong with a McMillan stock, that a given. I never heard anyone complain about the Hogue either, They are available with a bedding block also, making them vary user friendly when it comes to in letting. If you ship your rifle out to McMillan to have them do the whole job, your looking at about 6 months time. If you are tight on money, then go with the Hogue, if you can do the inletting, I think you should ask about a custom drop in? Remember that you can get the proper LOP just by asking when you order. Figure you might want to think about the thicker close you wear during hunting season.
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tryants." (Thomas Jefferson

You can't even compare Hogue to a McMillan stock. There is no cons to purchasing a McMillan. Might as well get the best.