Thread: TC Problems

Default TC Problems

Has anyone heard of a pistol not firing when the hammer drops. My doesn't fire about 50% the time. I am shooting Winchester factory ammo. The primers are dented . Not alot of difference from fired and unfired shells.

Big Fisherman

My first thought is a head space issue. What caliber?
    "Beware the man with only one gun; he may know how to use it."

Contender or encore? What caliber?

Yes the t/c break actions are known for sometimes not firing reliably. If the frame doesn't lock up tightly, it can result in a light strike. I know on the contender the hammer spring isn't the strongest and that can also lead to inconsistant ignition.

Quote Originally Posted by bigfisherman View Post
    Has anyone heard of a pistol not firing when the hammer drops. My doesn't fire about 50% the time. I am shooting Winchester factory ammo. The primers are dented . Not alot of difference from fired and unfired shells.

Big Fisherman
    Ah. New info. In your post to the other thread you didn't mention the dented primers.

That's head space, sure as shootin, and not a failure to lock up.

I'll go back to my original question: Have you been shooting some of the hot factory loads or hot handloads and had the case fail to eject when you opened the action?

If so, you probably bent the extractor. On TC's it's integral to holding a case like the 35 Rem in place to help with headspacing. There's just a not of shoulder on the case, and if that extractor isn't doing it's job, you'll have head space problems.

If you've never had a case fail to eject even the extractor move on out, I'll go to my second guess from your other thread. You've got a weak spring in there.

Default check past post

I had the same problem with mine. Are you shooting a hammer extension? If so the hammer spring is too weak in the factory frame. check out this past post, you can order a heavier spring and check and adjust your headspace and your problem will be solved. Bellum TC has everything you need and a video that shows you how. http://forums.outdoorsdirectory.com/...ghlight=encore

Bellum web link: http://www.bellmtcs.com/
    “Don't expect to build up the weak by pulling down the strong." ~Calvin Coolidge~

okelkhunter says it all. if you call tc the first thing out of there mouth will be to tell you to take of the hammer extension.