Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone Want to go to Valdez this weekend?

Post Anyone Want to go to Valdez this weekend?

Everyone cancelled on me at the last minute! To say I'm pi$$#d would be an understatement. The fish are in and I still want to go. Here's the deal. I have a 22' SeaArk, you can fish 5 out of it comfortably. My wife and I plus 3 more. We were going to tent at Eagle's Rest RV Park. It is $25/night for 2 and $28/night for 3. I have an 2006 F-250/V-10 Crew Cab. I would like to leave this Fri about between 2 - 3 pm. Get down there, set up camp, get everything ready and start fishing early Sat. Fish Sat, Sun, Mon and come back Mon. The way I work it is as follows. When we leave, the truck and boat tanks will be full. We can get down there on one tank and should have enough in there to do what we have to for the weekend. I have 3 12gal tanks in the boat. We will split the tank we use for the return trip to Palmer. When we get back to Palmer, you 3 fill the truck and boat, split up our catch and call it a day. Launch fees are $10/day and what ever food and bait costs. If anyone is interested, let me know via PM and I will get you my phone number and we can make arrangements. First come, first served. Thanks!

This isn't going to be a 3 day infomercial for the Fillet Wow is it???
    Like those meetings they make you sit through for your free toaster at the time share places!!!

Quote Originally Posted by DRIFTER_016 View Post
    This isn't going to be a 3 day infomercial for the Fillet Wow is it???
    Like those meetings they make you sit through for your free toaster at the time share places!!!

No, this will be the chance to fish with the man himself! Sounds like a real good deal. Last time I checked people were begging to fish with Stanly and where offering at least 1,000 of dollars to do so. I am sure he will even let whoever take pictures of all the fish he catches and you can pass it off as your own catch.

But really, stanly I hope you get some takers. SOunds like a good time to me. And I am not being bias or anything

Angry Dang Drifter

Thanks for exposing my plan. I figured I have 20-30 people all pumped to fish and then "Hi folks, we'll be fishing reeeaaalll soon, but first I want to expose you to a terriffic opportunity..." Man I tell ya, I hate it when a PLAN just goes to crap like that. Wldboar has it right, "a chance to fish with the man!" lol. I was going to call you tonight Wldboar, but I assume from your post you can't go. I need 3 people to go to make this work, so come on everyone, step up and let's have a great time fishing for silvers and butt and whatever we can catch! PM me and I'll get back with you with my #. Hope to hear from you ASAP! The Fillet Wow RULES!!!!...

Default I knew it!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Stanly View Post
    Thanks for exposing my plan. I figured I have 20-30 people all pumped to fish and then "Hi folks, we'll be fishing reeeaaalll soon, but first I want to expose you to a terriffic opportunity..." Man I tell ya, I hate it when a PLAN just goes to crap like that. Wldboar has it right, "a chance to fish with the man!" lol. I was going to call you tonight Wldboar, but I assume from your post you can't go. I need 3 people to go to make this work, so come on everyone, step up and let's have a great time fishing for silvers and butt and whatever we can catch! PM me and I'll get back with you with my #. Hope to hear from you ASAP! The Fillet Wow RULES!!!!...

I knew it was an evil marketing ploy!!!!!! You can't put one over on this Canuk!!!
    If I wasn't 3000 miles away I'd take you up on the offer just so I could see the Filllet Wow in action at the end of the day!!!

Would have loved to go but to short of a notice and I am trying to get out with Alaska Gray and if I cut him off because of you, lets just say, that would not be a good thing

Common people, help a guy out and catch some fish in the process!!!! He doesn't bite....I promise

Default Yhea, C'mon People...What she said

Hey Wldboar, the fact that ABC cameras are gonna be there doesn't have anything to do with it now does it??? Remember, we have a contract. Good time to flash the Fillet Wow to the world!!! I know this short notice was going to probably kill it, but I have to try, I REALLY WANT TO GO! I can only hope it works out...

Default The clock is ticking, tick tock, tick tock, tick tock

Gotta be someone who wants to go, doesn't there

id be on it in a heartbeat if i werent going for 10 days starting next week. did i say 10 days... silvers... in valdez...IM PUMPED!!! best i can do is convoy with ya next week. best of luck to ya!

I win ,Wildboard and her fillet board is going with me!!!!!
    Living the Alaskan Dream
    Gary Keller
    Anchorage, AK

Default You're Heartless!

That is SO COLD Gray. BUT, guess what, ESPN and Larry Csonka both called and they are both going to film in MY BOAT, so there!! Man, the things these ladies won't do when you tell them there is gonna be a camera around. Well Wldboar, I got 2 CAMERAS on my boat! Whatcha gonna do now???!!! I understand how sensitive Gray is though, so best not to "rock the boat" Looks like I'm pulling the plug on this weekend too. Will try again for next week, come hell or highwater I'm gonna fish Valdez! And speaking of the Fillet Wow, I have to get in touch with Rip to get mine, never did hook up with him while he was here. Ya'll have a good trip, you could give me a sympathy invite for a butt trip, grovel, grovel...

That is SO COLD Gray. BUT, guess what, ESPN and Larry Csonka both called and they are both going to film in MY BOAT, so there!! Man, the things these ladies won't do when you tell them there is gonna be a camera around. Well Wldboar, I got 2 CAMERAS on my boat! Whatcha gonna do now???!!! I understand how sensitive Gray is though, so best not to "rock the boat" Looks like I'm pulling the plug on this weekend too. Will try again for next week, come hell or highwater I'm gonna fish Valdez! And speaking of the Fillet Wow, I have to get in touch with Rip to get mine, never did hook up with him while he was here. Ya'll have a good trip, you could give me a sympathy invite for a butt trip, grovel, grovel...
    I caught up with Rip and was supposed to get your board while in Soldotna. Called in Sun moring b4 I left and didn;t get an answer. Told him to call me when he hit Anchorage and I would pick up board for you. He never called so, I have no idea where your board is. Doing Valdez next week. Let me check with the old man and see if we would be available to go. Only thing is he might have to be back to work Mon.

Get a hold of me and maybe he can take mon off of you still want to do the same time frame.

That is SO COLD Gray.

Sorry, but she is special to me, cause she will be paying me big time after she loose the bet for the biggest fish
    Living the Alaskan Dream
    Gary Keller
    Anchorage, AK

Default God hates me!

Well, I was going to shoot for next weekend. Mother-in-Law gets here on the 20th. I told my wife I'm going anyway, can you say PI$$ED! I think the gist of the conversation was "go ahead and go" with that tone of you will pay for the rest of your life if you do. Boy, that leaves a lot of wiggle room, NOT. So, that will push us out to Labor Day weekend and I didn't want to deal with the crowds that I'm sure must be there at that time. Might not have any choice. How do things get so complicated? We'll see what happens. Thanks for letting me whine. Gray, I totally understand. So, just what is the bet for biggest fish anyway? Y'all have fun, while I'm stuck in one of the Valley streams, pout, pout, sigh...A collective "Poor Stanly" from everybody would really cheer me up, LOL! Later...

Well, I was going to shoot for next weekend. Mother-in-Law gets here on the 20th. I told my wife I'm going anyway, can you say PI$$ED! I think the gist of the conversation was "go ahead and go" with that tone of you will pay for the rest of your life if you do. Boy, that leaves a lot of wiggle room, NOT. So, that will push us out to Labor Day weekend and I didn't want to deal with the crowds that I'm sure must be there at that time. Might not have any choice. How do things get so complicated? We'll see what happens. Thanks for letting me whine. Gray, I totally understand. So, just what is the bet for biggest fish anyway? Y'all have fun, while I'm stuck in one of the Valley streams, pout, pout, sigh...A collective "Poor Stanly" from everybody would really cheer me up, LOL! Later...
    I guess if you want to sleep on the couch for the rest of you life, go ahead and go....

I'll be heading up north next 2 weekends. I'll buy "Poor Stanly" and beer. I'll give ya a call.

j

It's playing just for you Stanly!!!

Quote Originally Posted by DRIFTER_016 View Post

It's playing just for you Stanly!!!
    Now that just made my day...

Stan, lets hook up and go fishing some time. We can even bring wildboar if she makes it back from this trip.
    Living the Alaskan Dream
    Gary Keller
    Anchorage, AK

Quote Originally Posted by Alaska Gray View Post
    Now that just made my day...

Stan, lets hook up and go fishing some time. We can even bring wildboar if she makes it back from this trip.
    Thanks Gray. I am sure Stanly i just besides himself right now. Of course, you will have to bring me. I am the only one who catches the fish, and the BIGGEST fish

Quote Originally Posted by wldboar View Post
    Thanks Gray. I am sure Stanly i just besides himself right now. Of course, you will have to bring me. I am the only one who catches the fish, and the BIGGEST fish
    Just get your little butt to Seward...
    Living the Alaskan Dream
    Gary Keller
    Anchorage, AK

Default HEY, Guess What!!

First, thanks for all the love! Feeling especially brave this morning, and realizing that I AM THE ALPHA MALE AND I RULE MY CASTLE!!! My wife calls me every morning and I started with, "you're gonna be mad at me", "what did you do?" "it's not what I did, it's what I'm gonna do, I'm goin to Valdez next weekend" "yup, you're right, I'm gonna be pi$$ed" "but Sweetheart, if we go on Labor Day, we probably won't be able to even find a place to camp, it's gonna be a zoo down there and the commercial guys come right in and clean out all the fish" "SIGH, you're right, I just really wanted to go" "this way I can scope it out and next year I'll already know the area and we will have the whole year to plan the trip and won't have to depend on taking other people with us..." "well, maybe I can bring my mother down for one day and I can fish" "yhea, you bet Honey, that will work, blah, blah, blah" I WIN, YES!!! I am the MAN!!! So, I will be planning to leave Fri 22d, fish Sat - Mon and return Mon. Maybe third times a charm. Hey, take a lesson here guys, just LAY DOWN THE LAW to your wife like I did, it's all about tactics. Of course, having been married for 30 years, I'm like, what can you possibly do to me that would bother me? Not talk to me, PLEASE, I could only wish, cut me off, OK no problem, I'd rather go fishing anyway, I will not sleep on the couch, we just bought a new Select Comfort, so basically it's all good. Hey Drifter, thanks, I started my day with a LOL! That was funny...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast