Thread: Seward Halibut Charter Recommendations

Default Seward Halibut Charter Recommendations

Hi All,
    Well tonight I got the green light from the DW to start looking into a halibut charter. We'll be going out of Seward and I am looking at "chicken" or "turkey" flatfish. Don't want or need a monster fish, but I do want some good eating fish for the freezer.

So who has a recommendation for a good charter...and who should I look out for?

Give Andy a call @ Cracker Jack charters or call Auroa Charters. Both are great charters.
    Living the Alaskan Dream
    Gary Keller
    Anchorage, AK

ProFish-n-sea is a great outfit.
    http://www.profish-n-sea.com/

I have heard good things about Matt.
    http://www.captainmatts.com/index.html

Default Check out Sam's

We went with Sam's Adventures this year and he's awesome. Nice boat and great guys! One of our best trips ever and he's still willing to go out to montague, or where ever, if that's where the fish are.
    http://www.samsadventures.com
    ...been on a search to top my 30x18 rainbow for 13 years now...I guess it's game time!!!
    13' Aire WildCat, 9' 7wt SAGE RPLXI, 10' 5wt SAGE XP, .300 RUM Zeiss 3x9 when all else fails

Default Back before I had my boat

We used Steve with profishnsea. We caught the biggest we have ever caught with him and any other charter. Used him many times. Constistantly caught fish over 80#. My best trip was 125# and 123# back to back with in 10 minutes of dropping fresh bait in after the other fish. Very good guy and lots of fun. He books up fast any more but if you can get in DO IT.

Default Charters....

I fished with ProFish-n-Sea & Steve Zernia and it was a first class combo trip. My daughter and her husband book their clients with him for salt water Seward trips.. Andy from Cracker Jack is first class also from what I have heard. I am going to get some fishing fools together some day and charter his boat for a long range over night trip.

Default Suggest

Cracker Jack. Lots of experience. Great crews.

Default Summertime

Went on the Sunami owned by Sumertime. It was a great time. The Capt was cool, except when we were waiting at the docks for an hour after show time because they didn't gas up the night before or get up early enough. Kinda pissed me off. He put us on fish and we did fair.

Pro Fish-N-Sea
    Crackerjack
    Aurora.
    Capt Matt

Thats my choice as they are all great

If your going soon try and get on a combo boat.

I've had wonderful experiences with Matt Flora on the Phantom. www.captainmatts.com

got an 85 and a 60 last trip out with Matt.
    ><((((>.`..`.. ><((((>`..`.><((((>

"People who drink light 'beer' don't like the taste of beer; they
    just like to pee a lot." --Capitol Brewery

I'd go with Aurora charters, but be careful of the Fish House. They run some good outfits, but I've been on a couple screw jobs as well.
    "Ya can't stop a bad guy with a middle finger and a bag of quarters!!!!"- Ted Nugent.

Gee thanks for all the referrals folks! Looks like I have a lot to choose from and that's good. I'll keep them all in mind and see what I can do. Again thanks for the help.

Wes

Ezra with Alaska Northern. Been out with him 3 years in a row on combo charters. The whole boat has limited each time on silvers, rockfish, and halibut. Top notch outfit.

Default Dont go with Alaska Summertime!

Worst charter I have had yet, two fish for the boat. Halibut, slow boats and would not recommend.