Thread: 6x6 polaris

Smile 6x6 polaris

Hi to all of you!
    i can see that you know your machine and you have to be good in mechanic to, from where you are you have no choice. i have a 2004 sportsman 6x6 it a great machine i use it to work on my lot lugging wood, in winter i use tracks the rubber type over the back weels, only the front wheels it is not to great they sink in the snow. i am affraid to change the size of the front wheels because of the differentials ratio i dont want to break nothing. what do you think your help will be appreciate.
    thank you for answering me.

Hello Ives and welcome to the forum!

You can change the width of the front tires with no problem, just don't go with a larger diameter unless you change the rear tires to match. If you do go wider on the front, you will have to buy rims with a different offset or else use spacers so the tires don't rub on the tie rod ends. I think the front rims for a Polaris Ranger have the right offset to clear everything.
    AKmud
    http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j96/AKmud/213700RMK1-1.jpg

The porcupine is a peacful animal yet God still thought it necessary to give him quills....

Here's my 2004 before and after -

AKmud

The porcupine is a peacful animal yet God still thought it necessary to give him quills....

AKmud,

Did you do any clutch work on the primary or secondary?

I haven't done any clutch work yet, but I am looking at the Heelclicker kit to get some low end torque back. I did notice a little difference in low end but not bad.
    AKmud

AKmud,

After putting 589's on, I installed a new springs and weights. Lost a few mph on the top end, but the bottom end and midrange is real good. Also installed a roller secondary.

Default Skis !!!

Have you tried some big fat skies?! I heard they really help going though the deep stuff!
    Trail Boss
    Willow Trail Committe
    ALASKA'S Winter Park Cabins
    To boldly make trail where no man has gone before!!!