Thread: Scott 852 Jet Pumps

Default Scott 852 Jet Pumps

I dont know if any of you are interested in checking out the new Scott 852 Jet Pumps or not. It's an 8 1/2" two stage inboard pump designed and built in NZ by Konrad Scott and Terry Harrison. Konrad and Terry, along with their North American Distributor Jeff Schlagel will be here this weekend to meet with a couple fellows who've "went first" so to speak and purchased boats with the new pumps installed. We plan to take them boating on Sunday, maybe on the Talkeetna and there will be 3 boats with the pumps in them if you care to try your hand at one of them. PM me if you're interested, or phone me at (907) 250-1235

Would love to make that trip, not going happen this weekend, I have looked at their websites and very curious about using the 4.3 GM IB.
    Will these boats be setup w/ that motor?
    Not much info on either site about the boats, what brand of boat are the motors in?
    Looking forward to more info, perhaps some photos.

Default We've got 2 Riddle 19.5 footers & an HCM 20 footer

The HCM has the Marine Power 6.0 litre upercharged engine, one of the Riddles has the KEM 6.0 litre supercharged motor, and one Riddle has a aluminum corvette motor modified to a 427 cu in naturally aspirated. I'll make sure and quiz these guys about the 4.3, is this the one thats supposed to burn something like 4 gallons per hour, weight less than 400 pounds, and be rated at 290 hp? We'll try getting some pictures, I'm kind of counting on another weekend of downpour so we'll see if a guy can get the lenses cleared long enough to get some shots!

Quote Originally Posted by chriso View Post
    We'll try getting some pictures, I'm kind of counting on another weekend of downpour so we'll see if a guy can get the lenses cleared long enough to get some shots!
    oh you'll get plenty of pics and footage, trust me......if i have anything to say about it...lol
    ------------------------------------------------
    pull my finger....

Thumbs up http://forums.outdoorsdirectory.com/images/icons/icon14.gif

A good time had by all! Thanks Chris for putting that together. Even the weather cooperated. Hope Cpt Crunch is all right. Cant wait for the video!
    When seconds count, the cops are just minutes away.
    '08 24' HCM Granite HD "River Dog"

Default wow!!!

What a great time!!! The video will be very impressive. had a blast, hope I can meet up with these guys next year!!!! This outboard jet guy is definitely thinking about an inboard jet!!!!

Chris where are the pics and video? Wish I could have made the trip but had to do a little sheep hunting.

Default Did you find any?

Sheep that is? Wish you could have made it too, but if I'd had a sheep hunt going on....

We had a lot of fun, got to spend some great time with some super folks. Thanks to all of you for coming up. (we need to do this some more!) I think Tosiro has some good footage from dissappointment creek, and I think everyone got to check out some of the attributes of the scott pumps. Curtis threw in an impromptu pancake feed at his place. The crowd from New Zealand sure seemed to lilke alaska and our rivers, they say they'll be back!

An uncommon shot of Toshiro at a different helm:

An uncommon shot of Toshiro at a different helm:
    I must say, I am still trying to wipe the smile off of my face from the time spent in your boat......absolutely unbelievable!!!...I need to find a buyer for my boat now and start saving my $$ because a big block and a blue pump is definitely in my future........

I'll do my best with the footage, I think it might take a couple of days, Id like to try and do a nice job this time....so stay tuned...
    pull my finger....

Sheep that is?
    We found plenty but were not able to get on a legal one, heading back Thur night to give it one last try.

Looks like you guys had a great turn out. Glad to hear everyone had a good time and want to come back. Konrad has sure been spending a lot of time in North America this year helping spread the word on his pumps and jet parts, it seems more and more boats are getting that fancy blue pump put in.

Anxiously awaiting the video from Toshiro

Chriso,

I wish i could have been there...I would love to get behind the wheel of your boat. I have been getting lots of time on mine this summer, I had to come back to work. Sounds like you guys had a good time.

video update....been moose hunting last couple of days, got a little one yesterday so now I can focus on the vid....still struggling with a tune I think everyone will appreciate...lol....at any rate, if anyone has any pics they want included send me a PM....
    pull my finger....