Thread: Wanted Tasf

Smile Wanted Tasf

Looking for a military person who has been to Iraq or Afgan to fish in Seward this weekend (sat). You would need to drive to Seward, bring rain gear and food. Lets not forget Lic and money for your Silver Salmon derby ticket.

If interested in going out PM

As it looks right now ABC Sports news will be on my boat filming and doing a report about TASF.
    Living the Alaskan Dream
    Gary Keller
    Anchorage, AK

Default wanted tasf

Alaska Gray, I want to commend you for supporting the military folks. As I sit here in Central Texas checking the forums on a daily basis, I can only remember the good ole days south of Anchorage and the great fishing that I encountered. You will definitely make a soldier/airmans day.

Alaska Gray
    you warm this old Maines heart! When i served in the late 70's things were different. we were looked at like social outcasts, OK Marines are social outcasts and animals, but no one would ever do what you and so many like you are doing. People like you make it all worth it. I remember the story of a plane that was delayed for take off. after a 20 minute wait here comes about a dozen Marines on their way home from Iraq after the battle of Falluja. The plane broke out in apluase and the first class passangers demanded the Marines sit in their seats. An old gunny was in the bunch and when a young Lance Corp saw him with tears in his eyes he asked "whats up Gunny" The Gunny replied, all these years in the Corps and this is the first time any one thanked me. It means more than you will know Alaska.

Thumbs up A salute

To you my friend for taking care of my fellow veterans. Words cannot express my gratitude. Thank you is all i can say
    Grandkids, Making big tough guys hearts melt at first sight

You Rock Alaska Gray. If you don't get any takers, PM me and I will put you in direct contact with some buddies that can spread the word further. I am out of country or I would round some up for you.

Thanks guys and gals. It something small to say thank you to these true Americans.
    Living the Alaskan Dream
    Gary Keller
    Anchorage, AK

Default Gray

Have you found anyone yet? I work at Ft. Rich and spoke to the WTU yesterday. If the slot is still open I should be able to get you a soldier to go. Let me know if the slot is still open and will work the issue this morning (Thur)...

I did not. though I have one troop to go. so I doing it differnt this time. Making it a father son combo. Bonding period. I thouhgt this might be nice for the dad to spoend time. Once his kid found out he was going on a boat he wanted to join. I could not say no to this. Kids are the future of tomorrow. So this will be a great trip.
    Living the Alaskan Dream
    Gary Keller
    Anchorage, AK

Default Would like to offer the same

I would like to offer the same for a returning Iraq or Afghanistan soldier (times 2) or a soldier and or son or daughter who have not been able to enjoy a trip out on the water. I will be launching out of Seward trying for some silvers, Halibut and Rock fish. PM me. for times and contact info. As for now my wife and I are the only one going out and we' be honored to share this experience.

Smile Thanks Alaska Gray

RMiller is one of my reps for our website located in Alaska.

www.takeasoldierfishing.com I am not sure if he is in your neck of the woods or not but you can email him and he can set you guys up with soldiers as well.

rmiller@takeasoldierfishing.com

Thanks again. Later Mike

PS we are a 501C3 non profit public charity ministry now! Go check out the site if you get a chance!

Also want to thank Anglette as well and their business. They have taken out several soldiers recently and the list will only grow! Later Mike

Alaska gray and I are working together.

The Seward trip this weekend is being partially paid for by a donation from Carpenters Union Local 1281 in Anchorage.