Thread: Locking tag question

Default Locking tag question

I have a question and I have looked in the regs and it doesn't have the answer's I need, or maybe I haven't looked in the right place. So I'm hoping someone on here can help me out. So to my question lets say I go into unit 16 where the bag limit for black bear is three do I have to buy three locking tags??? I'm a Military non-resident... Thanks for any insight you all can provide...

My GUESS is that you have to buy one locking tag to hunt that species. If you get one, you need to use the tag on that animal. If you then want to hunt for another one, you'd need to buy another locking tag.

I don't think you can shoot more than one bear on only one tag, but that's just my guess.

Yes. You can get them all at the miltary non-res price but you have to buy 3 if you want to shoot 3.

Page 26 for the 2008-2009 Alaska Hunting Regulations book...

Says:
    "Tag requirements
    Nonresidents must purchase a locking tag in addition to their license to hunt either a black or brown/grizzly bear."

SKIPPING THE NEXT PARAGRAPH

"Where tags are required, they must be locked ON THE HIDE IMMEDIATELY after the kill and must REMAIN there until the hide is processed or exported.

Bear tags my not be transferred to another hunter. A nonresident bear tag may be used for any other species for which the tag fee is of equal or lesser value, but you must have a harvest ticket for that species."

In reading that on page 26... I come to the conclusion that you MUST buy Three if you intend to Kill three.

Thnaks guys that is what I figured no big deal I already bought one.. It would really sucked if I bought two more and to come to find out I didn;t need them...

Default Non-resident

Quote Originally Posted by L2Hunt View Post
    Yes. You can get them all at the miltary non-res price but you have to buy 3 if you want to shoot 3.
    Be careful what you buy. If you're stationed in AK for more than 30 days and less than 1 year you can get the half price tag. It's different if you're just on leave up here, in which case you're a non-resident and there is no special deal just because you're military.

Fuse

Default Locking tags

Atik is correct. You must purchase a tag for each animal you hunt / take. For animals requiring a locking tag (bears and wolves usually) you must lock one tag on each animal.

-Mike
    LOST CREEK COMPANY: Specializing in Alaska hunt consultation and planning for do-it-yourself hunts, fully outfitted hunts, and guided hunts.
    CLICK HERE to send me a private message.
    Web Address: http://alaskaoutdoorssupersite.com/hunt-planner/
    Mob: 1 (907) 229-4501
    "Dream big, and dare to fail." -Norman Vaughan
    "I have climbed my mountain, but I must still live my life." - Tenzig Norgay