Thread: Any silvers being caught on the Kasilof?

Default Any silvers being caught on the Kasilof?

Anyone been fishing from the shore on the Kasilof lately? Would like to hear about your success (or lack of it), including what kind of gear you were using. Thanks

Dude (or dudette), you live 20 mins from there...you tell us!

Default Dude-

I only live 10 minutes from the river. I was looking for some local expertise and/or observations, not a wise***** comment from Anchorage.

It was meant to be a joke...but whatever...

That's friggin hilarious!

Default Rotflmao

Run down for a bit just before high tide and give us a report............better than us valley trash enlarging our carbon footprint to check it out..........LOL...oh wait, I am a terrorist that just moved in...was a terrorist - now I am just a newbie........put me in my place big shooter! LOL

PS. Really though - maybe I'll check it out on way down to deep creek this weekend and give you a report!

Quote Originally Posted by sayak View Post
    I only live 10 minutes from the river. I was looking for some local expertise and/or observations, not a wise***** comment from Anchorage.

You seem like the pretty big wiseass to be asking around for local advice when you're so close.. guy was just trying to make a joke lighten up. I keep reading comments with you about "anchorage people," why dont you just give it a rest- no one owns the rivers weather you live near them or not

Default Sorry fr4nt1c-

Quote Originally Posted by fr4nt1c View Post
    It was meant to be a joke...but whatever...
    sounded like you were serious. I am interested in ways to target silvers on the Kasilof in order to save time and guarantee success. I don't usually fish for silvers, but want to this season. Yes I could run down and flail the water, but I'd rather do it with some local (or not so local) expert's knowledge.

Bullelkklr- I'm not Ben Stevens nor have I ever thought of myself as a "big shooter". Hmmmm. I have no problem with valley folks at all... in fact you may run into the same syndrome we do down here. I'm all for carbon footprints BTW.

Fishwacker.... grasshopper... put me on your ignore list please and save yourself some angst.

Default Somebody please help him

Take him by the hand; somebody please!

Default Ask a legitimate question...

Quote Originally Posted by Cramer View Post
    Take him by the hand; somebody please!
    "Anyone been fishing from the shore on the Kasilof lately? Would like to hear about your success (or lack of it), including what kind of gear you were using. Thanks".

... and get some foolish remarks.

But I'm still interested in some information from people who have fished "the ditch" frequently and don't mind sharing info on silvers. Yes I've caught a few silvers from the The Fishin' Hole, from Deep Creek and from Swanson, but never from the Kasilof. It is close to me geographically, but I've never targeted it. Every river is different, and each species requires different techniques. I have caught plenty of kings from People's Hole, so my guess would be to use similar techniques. Tell me if I'm wrong. But if you're just going to talk trash, please spare me and anyone else who might be looking for information on this topic now or in the archives.

As you should have found out, loads of silvers to be had (now that terminal nets are gone). Plunked eggs are best, but tossing hardware can produce alright ... especially around any source of clean water

you can't catch fish if you don't have a line in the water... just saying...
    I choose to fly fish, not because its easy, but because its hard.

Default another suggestion

If you really want to know how to fish the Kasilof, see if Bob Ball is available sometime this month. There aren't many guides who know the Kasilof River better than Bob.

I interpreted his reply to your question as more than just a good suggestion.......

if you use a guide .... Call TOM Corr 262-9681. He will get you on fish.

Default Yesiree

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Ball - Piscatorial Pursuits View Post
    As you should have found out, loads of silvers to be had (now that terminal nets are gone). Plunked eggs are best, but tossing hardware can produce alright ... especially around any source of clean water
    I found that out using Vibraxes. Found no real difference between it and the Kenai for technique. Thanks for the input.