Thread: Ch Dies

Default Ch Dies

I recently added a 264 win mag built on a BRNO mauser action to my cabinet. It had belonged to my late great grandfather. With it came a set of CH Premium Precision Loading dies. I am not familiar with this make of dies. My greatgrandfather passed in the early 80's so I assume the are most likely from the 70's. Any information would be a great help. Thank you.
    LIVE TO HUNT....HUNT TO LIVE!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by bigswede358 View Post
    I recently added a 264 win mag built on a BRNO mauser action to my cabinet. It had belonged to my late great grandfather. With it came a set of CH Premium Precision Loading dies. I am not familiar with this make of dies. My greatgrandfather passed in the early 80's so I assume the are most likely from the 70's. Any information would be a great help. Thank you.
    They're still around and a good outfit. Here is their site.

C&H Machinery is alive and well and they still sell dies and presses. Last Winter, my wife brought home an old Auto Champion press and dies that were headed for the scrap yard. She thought it would be a good project to work on during the cold weather. It was in real rough shape and I didn't have any information about it. After doing a little bit of leg work I found a guy (Dave Davison) at C&H who knew everything about them and provided me with schematics. He mentioned that he still has parts for the old press and was very helpful. I have used the old dies (after extensive rust removal and polishing) and they still work very well.

BEFORE & AFTER (sorry, couldn't resist posting these)

Default Good info

Thanks for the information. I'm glad to see they are still in business. Boy, looks like you have a lot of hours into that press restoration. Good job, and good luck.
    LIVE TO HUNT....HUNT TO LIVE!!!!

Good job on that press!
    Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocre minds. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence. Albert Einstein

Better living through chemistry (I'm a chemist)

You can piddle with the puppies, or run with the wolves...

CH-4D is still alive and well

http://www.ch4d.com/

I bought a set of 375-338 dies a few years back. Something like $60.

They could be more highly polished, but they get the job done.

Forgot to add: almost all my dies are CH, my case trimmers are, and so are my bullet reducing dies.
    Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocre minds. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence. Albert Einstein

Better living through chemistry (I'm a chemist)

You can piddle with the puppies, or run with the wolves...