Thread: I think I was a little to Birdy

Angry I think I was a little to Birdy

I was so excited to get my one dog out that I loaded up two shotguns the dog and headed for the hills,and dang when I got out there I saw a brood and long story short................I had no shotgun shells.

Someone make me feel betetr and tell me ya'll have done something as stupid as that? I have to laugh now about it being so excited to go bird hunting,but my poor dog was drooling and whinninga nd we never did get a bird.

Hey Daniel,
    I have to chuckle hearing that one, I did the same thing last bear season....Drove all the way to the bait site with the atv on the trailer went to download it and dang if I didnt forget the key to the ATV back at the house....We have all done some crazy things....

Default Let the dog hunt anyway!!!!

It doesnt hurt to let the innocent dog hunt the birds anyway. You could get some action photos of the dog working...or did you leave the film at home too

I once forgot to unlock the truck, so I put the gun on the hood where I wouldnt forget it ....... went back got the keys and proceded to drive away...the gun fell of and I drove over it....DUH!

Default ouch!

Burke good point.I totally blew that.I should have let her hunt em up anyways.And no I did not forget the film,I could have got some good footage dang it.Maybe tomorrow we'll see.BTW! on the way home she was whinny and trying to get in my lap,maybe she still wanted to hunt?

Default Funny

It's cool you were so excited to get the dog out. I went tent camping once and didn't bring any bullets for my bear gun (I usually keep the revolver loaded.)
    I keep 22 shells in my truck at all times now just for your reason though.
    The birds will still be there.

It happens to the best of them.

Default keys

yesterday went to hatchers pass and found i brought the wrong set of keys for the cable lock. those cable locks can be broken by using large rocks like an anvil and hammer. good hike and no birds.

I was sitting in a moose stand high up in a spruce tree off Clear Creek south of Fairbanks. I had been sitting there so long I fell asleep.

I awakened to a gun shot right below me and opened my eyes to see a huge bull running away. One guy swears at his buddy asking him why he didn't shoot it...it ran right by him. He yells back that he put the wrong ammo in his gun and it jammed. (300 win in a 338 or something like that).

So it was a circus of stupidity. The guys on the ground never knew I was there because my canoe was about 1/2 mile downstream. I kept quiet because I felt so dumb for falling asleep.
    Wasilla Real Estate News
    www.valleymarket.com