Thread: Silvers at Jim's Creek

Question Silvers at Jim's Creek

Anyone been to Jim's latety with any luck other than bad? I hear they're in there but aren't biting now.

Also, when does that run end, is there a second run? I'm hearin' there is such a thing, but I'm skeptical.

Any help is much appreciated as usual.

Quote Originally Posted by yogibear View Post
    Anyone been to Jim's latety with any luck other than bad? I hear they're in there but aren't biting now.

Also, when does that run end, is there a second run? I'm hearin' there is such a thing, but I'm skeptical.

Any help is much appreciated as usual.
    I was there recently and it seemed pretty tired out. Alot of spooked out fish and people just chucking everything at them.
    I don't know about a second run.
    I could be wrong about the lack of interest from the fish, but that is what I observed. Good luck.

That's the same thing I observed last weekend. You could see them avoiding the lures. They would even do an "about face" when they saw the line in the water. Roe and jigs didn't have any better results. A lot of fish were snagged and every once in a while a rogue silver would hit a lure. I think they're on to us.

Default I was there

Sunday evening and they went after my pixie pretty good, I had no snags. Got 3 in a little over an hour.

Were any of the reds you caught nice and bright? The ones I saw caught looked pretty rough. I assume at least one of your fish was a red.

Quote Originally Posted by AKKCChief View Post
    Sunday evening and they went after my pixie pretty good, I had no snags. Got 3 in a little over an hour.

Thankfully, only two were silvers, right?

Or you released one of them, right?
    Jim Creek - Home of the burning car hook cast!

Default Jim creek last night

I caught my limit in about an hour with eggs. Only person I saw that caught a limit out there. Most people I talked to fished all day with no luck. I was just lucky, not a lot of fish coming in out there.

Quote Originally Posted by akfangler View Post
    Thankfully, only two were silvers, right?

Or you released one of them, right?
    One had a big ass chunk taken out of it...........maybe from a propeller???? Whatever happened to it, it was a testament to the species toughness, but I sure wasn't gonna eat it.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by AKKCChief View Post
    One had a big ass chunk taken out of it...........maybe from a propeller???? Whatever happened to it, it was a testament to the species toughness, but I sure wasn't gonna eat it.
    Noted!!

And, I've seen two fish this year the same - looked like something took a big vertical slice out of them. Recently. The fish seemed okay, but the wounds were not healed over.
    Jim Creek - Home of the burning car hook cast!

Jim has slowed a lot not many fish being caught. Two reasons for this, one fits into the fishermans mentality, and the other has to do with low water levels. The water at Jim is very low causing the fish to be very spooked. The other reason is fisherman are cutting the channel off by creating a line from the shore to the closest sand bar from the point to the left from were everyone normally fishes. When you have to wade through mid thigh deep water to were you want to fish is not a good thing. Especially if you are standing in water deeper than your ankles to fish. Jim Creek has a fairly shallow channel to begin with. I feel this is the reason the fish have been so spooked.

As far as a second run, rumors, just rumors.

Unhappy

water level been really low lately..