Thread: New Suit For My Mark V Synthetic 30-06

Default New Suit For My Mark V Synthetic 30-06

Here is the new suit for my Mark V Synthetic 30-06 - a B&C Metalist stock in olive/black. The rifle is fitted to the stock and put together for this picture so you can see what the stock looks like. The rifle has been taken out of the stock now and is having a Crea-Kote finish so I can take the rifle in bad weather. When it gets finished and I mount the scope on it I will post a picture of the finished rifle.

THE HIDE OF A RHINOCEROS

I can't wait for the Crea-Kote to be applied and the rifle finished and sent back to me. It should be here in a week or two and I will mount the Zeiss 4.5-14x44mm and go to the range and post some pictures of the finished product.

Also, along with the 165gr load I have develop for this rifle using a Sierra Game King HPBT for deer size game, I will begin work on finishing some research where I began trying to get a faster, accurate 240gr Woodleigh load for the 30-06. I was beginning to have success with my Kimber before I got all tied up and excited about some Weatherby wild cat cartridges and custom rifles I was having built.

I am looking to get around 2450 to 2500fps with the 240gr but that might be to optimistic. I think there is an outside chance from work I did about two years ago. Should be fun and at least interesting to see how it turns out.
    A GUN WRITER NEEDS:
    THE MIND OF A SCHOLAR
    THE HEART OF A CHILD
    THE HIDE OF A RHINOCEROS