Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who got their moose yesterday?

Default Who got their moose yesterday?

This place is awful quiet....
    Was everyone else like me? A beautiful walk on a semi-frosty morning? Had ice developing on my recurve's limbs in the fog in the Kenai area. Saw a cow, some cranes, spruce hens, & a hawk..... Tried hard to put antlers on the cow since she was alone, but couldn't do it.
    Vance in AK.

Matthew 6:33
    "But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you."

Like you Vance, I put some miles on shoe leather yesterday. No moose, but did see some sandhill cranes, an eagle, lots of bear sign, and a very angry boater grounded in a local creek. (God help me have the patience to never speak to my children the way this guy did.)

Man I wish they would move the bow season to the end of September. It was just too warm and too many MOSQUITOES!!! Ha, I even forgot the deet or a net so it sure was hard to sit still for too long

I'm looking at the bow season as a way to get out and scout more than anything, cause I'm not so sure I want to deal with 800# of meat in this warm weather!! On the other hand, if the situation presents itself, game on!!!

I'm heading out to hunt this evening and tomorrow morning. Ultimately, it's a good excuse to go fow a walk in the woods. I'll report back if things turn out better than expected.

Someone got one this morning, In my backyard! (grrrrr) Glad they got their meat though We'll be out starting tomorrow.
    "In the interest of protecting my privacy I will no longer be accepting Private Messages generated from this site and if you email me, it better be good!"

Default opener

I helped 2 friends from my hunting group with moose yesterday in the kenai area one in the morning and one in the evening the second one was killed about 50 yards from where I had parked my truck and walked into the bushes, I heard it run near me and crash I thought I had spooked a moose until my phone rang and my friend says I shot one near your truck.

I wish I had a bow and an ibep card. Already seen 7 to 8 spike-forks in the past month. 9 more days.

Thumbs up brother inlaw got 1

We got one at 6am yesterday. I was told about a 68'' that was taken today wow dream moose there...

Default Moose

Vance,

I know where there is a large body, fork bull less than two miles from your house. Saw him last week. PM or call me if you want to know where he is. I don't have the time this year due to my other committments.

Scott

Default moose with a bow

If a person has their bow certification do they need a permit to hunt moose right now? I looked on line under special bow regulations and appears to me you do not need a permit. Can anyone clear this up for me. Thanks.

You need to check the season for the GMU are hunting.

On restricted weapons hunts, such as bow only area, you do need your bow certification. If it is not a restricted weapon hunt, your bow cert is not required.

Refer to Pages 18 and 19, 2008-2009 regs.

PMed you Scott.....
    Vance in AK.

Matthew 6:33
    "But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you."

No bow or card yet but I did see a sub-legal two browtiner today while out wondering around the woods some times it's just nice to bulls!

I've seen 2 cows in two days hunting. Third days a charm hopefully

Last night I saw absolutely nothing other than a bunch of cranes. It was pushing 70 degrees out there, though, so I wasn't surprised. This morning I saw 6 cows, one of which had 2 calves. I might have seen two more, but they were close to where I saw two others previously. I also found a kill site which was probably from opening day. So...no luck for me, but it was good to be out and see some animals.

Got a good stalk on a fork this morning but the cow he was with, was spooked. She of course took off and he followed.
    "In the interest of protecting my privacy I will no longer be accepting Private Messages generated from this site and if you email me, it better be good!"

Like every other second week of August hunt..it's too dang hot here to think about downing a moose

Default Spike fork

Theres a Spike fork and a small paddle horn that have been hanging around in my Dads yard in the valley. So far they have eaten all my moms flowers. He has begged me to come out and take care of it for him, but i drew the DM 427 and told him that he should have gotten his IBEP card when i got mine.

Quote Originally Posted by B-radford View Post
    Theres a Spike fork and a small paddle horn that have been hanging around in my Dads yard in the valley. So far they have eaten all my moms flowers. He has begged me to come out and take care of it for him, but i drew the DM 427 and told him that he should have gotten his IBEP card when i got mine.
    I'd be happy to come take care of that for him....I'd even do it for free.

B-radford - You just let your dad know that I'm on the case. I say that with a smile and a laugh, but if by any means he actually wants someone else to do it, I would be there in a heartbeat. I'd also be willing to share half the meat!

One of my neighbors got one.

I saw him shooting a week ago and last night he had one on a trailer.
    "You have given out too much reputation in the last 24 hours, try again later".

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast