Thread: Sorry if it is a repeat: how bout Seward Silvers?

Default Sorry if it is a repeat: how bout Seward Silvers?

Sorry if this is a repeat thread. Heading down to seward and I am wondering how the seas are and if people are slaying silvers?

Quote Originally Posted by Yeti View Post
    Sorry if this is a repeat thread. Heading down to seward and I am wondering how the seas are and if people are slaying silvers?
    We were there yesterday, and everything I heard on the radio was slow, slow, slow.

I didn't hear of anyone picking up limits, but you could find fish onesy, twosey scattered around the bay. We fished for about 6 hours for silvers and had only 4 fish to show for our efforts - that works out to about $3,000 per pound at today's fuel prices (See honey, I love you so much I brought home the most expensive fish on the planet for dinner!)

Back out at it tomorrow for the rest of the week.

P.S. Thank the Almighty for halibut and rockfish, or yesterday would have been a bust. My son was jigging for rockfish with one of my Lamiglas trolling rods and pulled in a 45 lb halibut (Bottom fishing is like a box o' chocolates - you never know what you're gonna get . . . ).

Now if lings were legal in Resurrection, we would have limited out on those - we had at LEAST 6 lings over 40" to the boat, and cheerfully let them slink back down to the briny deep.

Cheers, SH

Default Thanks

Thanks SH sounds not soo good. Getting a late start today but maybe get at it first thing in the morning. How is the weather down there now? How bout the seas? Thanks