Thread: geese?

Default geese?

well wondering if there is any good goose hunting in or around fairbanks? I havent seen to many this year so wondering what is goin on if they are gone already since i just got back here on the 4th or if they are not here yet? any advice would be great just want to kill one or two since i have never killed one before. got about two weeks of hunting the got to put the shotgun up for the m4 and head to iraq.

Depends on how far you want to travel, down here in delta is usually pretty good, but only a few small flocks so far. I think the birds are going to be late this year.

Default land

is the much land down there or is it private. i am willing to drive if there are places to hunt and birds to kill.

it depends, most of the land is private and some of the farmers do allow hunting as long as the land is respected, or if you hook up with a local. C&S Charters also has a outfitting service down here for waterfowl.

Default thanks

hey thanks for the info also i have been on the clear water and saw ducks and geese fly over. do you know if you can hunt that in a boat or canoe.

you can hunt either i do believe. at times i do know that clearwater lake can get busy with hunters. i haven't done much waterfowl over water as much as land, but have a few buddies that hunt the lake, i just stick to the fields.