Thread: 21 days till opener whats everyone doing to get ready

Default 21 days till opener whats everyone doing to get ready

I put line on the decoys I got for Christmas training both the young pup and two year old lab. Getting both boats ready. The 1st cant get here soon enough. The partner in the cabin I have in Jim Creek put a new floor and wood stove in it and also a front door.

Just got done with my garage sale so now its time to get ready. I need to get a new mojo bag and check all my deks. Not much to do though. I'm diffentally ready.

Default Where are the Ducks?

Went down rabbit slough this past sat and sunday...limited out on fish as everyone else did...great schools of fish but did not see or hear one duck...nothing...Jims creek..not even one flying around....I did hear some geese way up on Sunday..but never saw them due to the clouds...must of been heading to LA or Texas. One way ticket.....I am dying to get out there and bust some feathers...got all my gear ready to go and the dog is busting at the seems. Seems me and LARedneck are going to try to get together hopefully before opening weekend and work the dogs...but the **** fishing has been so good....What to do??/wife is fussing....fish to much...work to much....wait til duck season...hunt to much....she knew the deal before she said I DO!...LOL....lets get ready to rumble....

Decoys ducks and dog...its all about them in three weeks...

Setting up a blind this weekend

My old man sat me down with the same old speech before my wife and I got hitched. Its a way of living. Got the boat painted, welded. Lots to do before opening morn. Good luck fella's

Quote Originally Posted by Duckhunter01 View Post
    Went down rabbit slough this past sat and sunday...limited out on fish as everyone else did...great schools of fish but did not see or hear one duck...nothing.

Decoys ducks and dog...its all about them in three weeks...
    How far down the slough did you go? I may go down this weekend and see if I can hook up on a few fish. I'll see about going down to the shack.

Quote Originally Posted by AK DUCKMAN View Post
    How far down the slough did you go? I may go down this weekend and see if I can hook up on a few fish. I'll see about going down to the shack.
    Is that still the game plan? If so, I'm down. We'll take care of that other stuff EARLY Saturday morning first and then take the pod out.