Thread: Bird Creek Whopper

Red face Bird Creek Whopper

I know it wouldn't win the Seward silver derby or anything, but for the "enhanced" silver run at Bird Creek ... this wasn't too shabby. Caught this 28", 14.5 lb. buck on the incoming tide (around noon) Saturday with a small size 2 silver Vibrax, fishing with off the mudflats right where the inlet meets the creek.

The action at Bird generally was pretty hot on Saturday, and for silvers was especially good b/w about 11:30 and 1:00. The water was literally boiling with pinks the whole time, too. So if you're just itching to get something on your line ...
    Attached Images Attached Images

Nice fish. I was there on Friday for about 5 minutes, just watching. I could see a bunch of them from the bridge.

Oh well, there's always next year.
    brad g.
    So Cal, USA
    Visit my Sporting Clays website
    http://www.ysr-racer.com

Quote Originally Posted by chumstik View Post
    I know it wouldn't win the Seward silver derby or anything, but for the "enhanced" silver run at Bird Creek ... this wasn't too shabby. Caught this 28", 14.5 lb. buck on the incoming tide (around noon) Saturday with a small size 2 silver Vibrax, fishing with off the mudflats right where the inlet meets the creek.

The action at Bird generally was pretty hot on Saturday, and for silvers was especially good b/w about 11:30 and 1:00. The water was literally boiling with pinks the whole time, too. So if you're just itching to get something on your line ...
    Nice!! Thanks for sharing.
    "You have given out too much reputation in the last 24 hours, try again later".