Thread: Will this Boat work around Ketchikan?

Default Will this Boat work around Ketchikan?

Greetings and Salutations!

Would this be a good boat in the waters around Ketchikan? I run it in fresh and salt down here in SoCal. Been out 60 plus miles numerous times and it has handled flawlessly in 2-3 ft. Even in the 6-8 stuff it has brought me back to the dock.

I carry all the safety gear for SoCal waters and know I would need cold water survival gear upon arrival and possibly a dhingy to tow behind or a LR.

4-236 Perkins Diesel. Full Keel. Inboard. 20ft. Self bailing decks. Heater in P/H. Twin 30 gallon tanks.

New to this site and contemplating a relocation.

Thanks fer yer help.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Unclesurf; 08-10-2008 at 10:02. Reason: spelling

I Would Think That Would Be A Great Boat For That Area. Water Is Pretty Well Protected....not To Say It Can Not Get Really Bad . Good Friend Had Alot Less Boat Than That Down There And His Worked Great.
    RETIRED U.S.A.F. CAPT.; LIFETIME MEMBER NRA; LIFETIME MEMBER ALASKA BOWHUNTER ASSOC.
    MASTER BOWHUNTER EDUCATION INSTRUCTOR; MEMBER UNITED BLOOD TRACKERS; POPE & YOUNG MEASURER

Who built that one?
    Looks like a great boat for Prince William Sound, and probably for SE Alaska.

That boat will take on any seas you will ever get into in k-town I grew up there and had the very first shamrock in town identical to that and still have the boat up in eagle river ak now pm me for more info and to share info about the boat
    20ft Shamrock W/ CHEVY 350