Thread: Leahy holster

Default Leahy holster

Well, it's nice, especially at my age, to have a first. The 480 SRH I recently purchased with the Ultradot sight and six rounds of 360 gr. ammo is a wee bit too heavy for a belt holster, so I called Rob Leahy at Simply Rugged Holsters in Wasilla yesterday and he is making me a bandoleer holster with the holster cut so it will work with the Ultradot. I have seen some of his other holsters and was impressed with his work, so I am getting my first custom holster made. $150.00 isn't bad for a custom set-up like this. Now I have another nice package to wait for.

I want pics when you get it!
    I've been using my Leahy (Simply Rugged) Sourdough Pancake holster for my blackhawk while scouting for bowseason & really like it.
    Now I'm thinking I might need something for my 8&3/8 mod. 29 with an Ultradot that I use for hunting when I don't want to bow hunt.
    Vance in AK.

Matthew 6:33
    "But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you."

Default holster pics

I'll send you pics when it arrives. I have to figure how to post it on the forum, or I'll send it to you in an E-mail.
    I like the Ultradot a lot, but even at low settings, the dot does flare a bit with my eyeglasses. A very tough, accurate red dot.

Thanks, I'll be looking for the pics.
    vwonser@alaska.net

I too can't say enough good about the Ultradot after 5 yrs of use.
    As far as the "flaring" goes, I noticed the same thing & thought it was normal for the sight. The edges of the dot just weren't real distinct, but it was still plenty accurate. Then about 2 months ago for some reason I looked thru it with my left eye. Very didtinct edges!!! Just a problem with an old right eye.
    Vance in AK.

Matthew 6:33
    "But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you."

Rob is awesome! I was in Anchorage for a day with little time to spare and really wanted one of his Chesty Puller rigs. I gave him a call and he was waiting for me by the time I drove to Wasilla. Real nice guy and great leather products!

Default right on

That's the same impression I got just from talking to him over the phone and talking to several people who know him. I can't wait to get the bandoleer holster rig from him.