Thread: Vadez campgrounds

Default Vadez campgrounds

A little off topic but here goes, I'm planning a Labor Day Valdez fishing trip this year and wanted to get peoples opinion on which campground they prefer? My wish list includes, large RV sites, hookups and some grass adjacent to the site for the toddler to play in while dads out fishing. Please let me know which place you prefer and why, thanks.

I think your best bet would be Sea Otter then, on the outside edge by the water. Won't be much of a play area but a little bit, just keep a good eye on your young one there with the big boulders and proximity to water. About the only place I know though that you can camp and fish right there with hookups.

Default Forgot to mention

I'm also bringing a boat so will need to be near the lanch.

You're never far from the launch in Valdez, unless you're at allison point. Sea Otter also has showers and freezers you can use.

We have stayed at Bayside RV Park several times over the years and it is a nice clean park with some grass on the outer edges. For some reason a few years ago they came up with the idea that you cannot leave your boat hooked up to your truck. I have a slide in camper on my truck and with the boat attached it does not take any more room than a truck/travel trailer but they refused to let me leave the boat attached. For this reason we went in search of another park.

Last year we tried Eagles Rest. They let me leave the boat hooked up so that was a plus. As far as rv parks go this one is just basically a big gravel lot with hook-ups which means limited grass. You say you are bringing a boat so if you want to keep it hooked up this is your place, if you leave your boat in the water then bayside might have a little more grass.

There are a few other parks in Valdez but these are the only two I have stayed at.