Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Place Where My .375Wby Will Travel

Default The Place Where My .375Wby Will Travel

I just got back from my trip to Africa and had some time between my consulting job to view some of the area I will go in September of 2009. Here are some pictures I took of the place where my 375Wby will travel. It is east of Manyara in Tanzania and not far from Mosquito River. Thought some of you might like to see the area and I hope you enjoy them.

The months of July, August, September are 50-65 at night and 70-87 during the day and it is the dry season.

The place is beautiful.

He really was close to the back of the pickup truck where I was in the back of the pickup truck.

I was 25ft from this cat standing in the back of the truck. This Lion started to stand real slow after I took this shot and Richard my ph who will take me hunting thought it best to drive a way and I did agree!!!

What a place!!!
    A GUN WRITER NEEDS:
    THE MIND OF A SCHOLAR
    THE HEART OF A CHILD
    THE HIDE OF A RHINOCEROS

A GUN WRITER NEEDS:
    THE MIND OF A SCHOLAR
    THE HEART OF A CHILD
    THE HIDE OF A RHINOCEROS

A GUN WRITER NEEDS:
    THE MIND OF A SCHOLAR
    THE HEART OF A CHILD
    THE HIDE OF A RHINOCEROS

Nancy and I before I left for Africa

A GUN WRITER NEEDS:
    THE MIND OF A SCHOLAR
    THE HEART OF A CHILD
    THE HIDE OF A RHINOCEROS

A GUN WRITER NEEDS:
    THE MIND OF A SCHOLAR
    THE HEART OF A CHILD
    THE HIDE OF A RHINOCEROS

Here are just a few more:

Here is a few more:

A GUN WRITER NEEDS:
    THE MIND OF A SCHOLAR
    THE HEART OF A CHILD
    THE HIDE OF A RHINOCEROS

I thoroughly enjoyed the picts, beartooth.

Thanks very much Beartooth, what a very nice collections of snaps. And thanks for making me homesick for Africa again. I am anxious to get back there and think I would really like to get to Tanzania...we need to talk.

Great pictures and thanks again.
    Is there nothing so sacred on this earth that you aren't willing to kill or die for?

Those are some great pics.

Great images - I would be full of anticipation. Good luck on your hunt.

Yes, I am looking forward to the opportunity and God will all will take place with a great experience.
    A GUN WRITER NEEDS:
    THE MIND OF A SCHOLAR
    THE HEART OF A CHILD
    THE HIDE OF A RHINOCEROS

Welcome back Beartooth and great picks. Looking forward to seeing more pics and hearing about your hunting experiences.

More pictures:

A GUN WRITER NEEDS:
    THE MIND OF A SCHOLAR
    THE HEART OF A CHILD
    THE HIDE OF A RHINOCEROS

Some more:

A GUN WRITER NEEDS:
    THE MIND OF A SCHOLAR
    THE HEART OF A CHILD
    THE HIDE OF A RHINOCEROS

Some final shots for this thread:

A GUN WRITER NEEDS:
    THE MIND OF A SCHOLAR
    THE HEART OF A CHILD
    THE HIDE OF A RHINOCEROS

A GUN WRITER NEEDS:
    THE MIND OF A SCHOLAR
    THE HEART OF A CHILD
    THE HIDE OF A RHINOCEROS

Africa is different, with yellow fever (you have to get the shot before you leave for Africa) Tse-Tse fly's, Malaria (four major types,you have to sleep under a mosquito net and take medication to kill the parasite even two weeks after you get back home if you have any since at all). So there are many other risks when hunting in Africa outside of animals that can eat you, such as all water unless bottled has to be boiled and don't go swimming in lakes, ponds or rivers. This is not because of crocodiles or hippo but because of parasites that will eat your body form the inside out. Yet what a place for adventure but one just has to be smart and cautious remembering that you take tropical Africa (around the equator) one step at a time and don't rush anything and I mean don't rush anything. Just a side note: Average life span of a bush African in Tanzania is 43yrs and for those in the cities is 47-48 depending on what part of the country and these are government figures.
    A GUN WRITER NEEDS:
    THE MIND OF A SCHOLAR
    THE HEART OF A CHILD
    THE HIDE OF A RHINOCEROS

Quyana (Thankyou) for sharing your photos of your Africa trip, photos were very interesting.

Great post thanks for the effort.

It was my pleasure to do so for this forum which has guys who really love the hunt, the land, the effort as well as taking the shot.

My ph is a Tanzanian citizen who is of European decent. My hunt will be like the old ones were. We will not be driving out from beautiful rooms and luxury to just step out of the truck and take an hour or two chase on foot but will be spending our time in the bush which is what I requested. I want an experience that gives me more than just taking the shot. I also want some camera shots that are not what the mainstream of people get. This has taken a lot of planning and we have some volunteers who are native bush men who are our personal friends who will be with us. I hope it all comes together smoothly but I must remember that it is Africa and things change all the time and one must be flexible and adjust when needed.
    A GUN WRITER NEEDS:
    THE MIND OF A SCHOLAR
    THE HEART OF A CHILD
    THE HIDE OF A RHINOCEROS

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast