Thread: Webmaster

Bethel, Cantwell, Fort Yukon, Skagway, Chevak and Point Hope

Default Webmaster

How come after the upgrade of last night the Quick Response button no longer functions when trying to respond to a post?

Quote Originally Posted by AlleninAlaska View Post
    How come after the upgrade of last night the Quick Response button no longer functions when trying to respond to a post?
    Hmmmm....works for me, Allen. I'm using it right now.

Do you mean the small button in the lower right hand corner that looks like a piece of paper with a quill pen? What is it not doing?

David

Quote Originally Posted by webmaster View Post
    Hmmmm....works for me, Allen. I'm using it right now.

Do you mean the small button in the lower right hand corner that looks like a piece of paper with a quill pen? What is it not doing?

David
    I think he means the Post Quick Reply button, which is working for me on a mac w/ firefox if this gets posted.
    Jim Creek - Home of the burning car hook cast!

Yes David the piece of paper with the Quill pen. It doesn't function when I try to use it.

Question Anyone else experiencing this problem?

Yes David the piece of paper with the Quill pen. It doesn't function when I try to use it.
    Just to make sure: we are talking about this button, right?

What kind of operating system and browswer are you using?

Thanks...David

Windows XP and IE. It worked just fine before the update. I also tried to post a link in a message yesterday and it did not parse the link as it has before the update. Also when I go to Quote a post it shows me all of the HTML in that post like
    or whatever HTML was used.

Question Need a few more specifics

Windows XP and IE. It worked just fine before the update. I also tried to post a link in a message yesterday and it did not parse the link as it has before the update. Also when I go to Quote a post it shows me all of the HTML in that post like
    or whatever HTML was used.
    I'm trying to run this down on the vBulletin forum and there are some possible ideas there, but I need more specific information on what happens, Allen.

1. When you press the quick reply button, what happens exactly.
    2. When you press the quote button next to it, what happens exactly (I didn't understand your note above)
    3. "did not parse the link" = did not underline the URL?

Thanks...any additional information would be helpful.

David

David when I press the Quick Reply button nothing happens. It used to make all the print in the Quick Reply area disappear and then I could type in my post. But now nothing happens.Yesterday I went to put a link in a message I was typing and it did not parse the link to where all you had to do was click on it and it would take you too that web page.When I hit the Quote button I get all the HTML that is used in the message such as showing a paragraph, page break and so on. But it does appear to show the message I was quoting in my posted message properly.http://www.auctionarms.com/I just added the link to auctionarms in this post and it does not show up as a live link. None of the buttons seem to be working for me that were working before the update. By that I mean the buttons for adding a link, image, e-mail addy, font size, font color.In my user CP I am set up for the whole wissywig part.Thanks for your help.

In that message I just posted it shows auctionarms as a live link. The problem with that post is that I hit enter between some of those sentences to seperate them out so they would not look like one paragraph and none of the ENTERS show up as spaces between the sentences. Weird.

I reset your editor to the simple editor. Try using this to respond to this post. Then, try logging out, logging back in and resetting the WYSIWYG editor.

I'm really scratching my head here.

David

Tried to do it after you reset my Editor program. Still not working. Logged out, logged back in and reset the WYSIWYG still not working. Thanks for the help anyhow.

I changed your forum style. One post in the vBulletin troubleshooting forum suggested that. You might also try clearing your browser cache.

David
    Last edited by Webmaster; 08-27-2006 at 21:33.

Thanks for the help David. All I had to do was dump my Temporary Files and everything seems to be functioning as before.

Great! I'm glad that worked. My stash of ideas was getting a little thin....
    David