Thread: Shipping boat from WA

Question Shipping boat from WA

Anyone know a good company/method for transport. Got a buddy having one sent up, so far it looks like Lyndon taking it to Haines Jct. for $4500 is his best price. Appreciate any info.
    Cody

Quote Originally Posted by fishnhuntr View Post
    Anyone know a good company/method for transport. Got a buddy having one sent up, so far it looks like Lyndon taking it to Haines Jct. for $4500 is his best price. Appreciate any info.
    Cody
    $5000 Tacoma to Anchorage 24 foot 7560lbs With Tote. www.totemocean.com
    When seconds count, the cops are just minutes away.
    '08 24' HCM Granite HD "River Dog"

From Bellingham to Haines it could be put on the big blue canoe (Ferry boat), especially if he plans to pick it up in Haines, not sure of the cost, ez to look up on the net, I do believe the off season cost is lower if he is not in a hurry.

thanks guys, going to check both now

The Ak St Ferry was the cheapest when I checked last year.

I have been looking at the same prices and found the Alaska Ferry to be the cheapest. Up to 102" wide and over 21 feet overall length is $67.20 a foot. There is also a $50 charge for it traveling alone. If the boat is over 102" it is 25% more. This is from Bellingham to Haines. Nice thing about the ferry is that your boat is semi protected from the elements.

http://www.dot.state.ak.us/amhs/Plan/Fares/index.html

Default boat shipping

Had my boat 22 ft searunner 31 ft over length on trailer bought to juneau saved 900 dollars by using the ferry to Juneau as opposed to the barge lines.

the ferry system has a ferry that goes from Juneau to whitter twice a month.
    logistics is a bit of a problem to change ferrys there is a wrecker company in juneau that does the transfer for you for a fee of course. and of course you have to have some one in Bellingham put the boat on the ferry for you the ferry system will not do it for you cause of liability.

good luck

chris

I sent mine up with Tote this past January. They were $2000 cheaper than the closest other bids I got. They were great to work with, and even delivered it faster that others promissed. I would deal with them again without question!!!
    2007 Glacier Bay Cat 2690 Coastal Runner, Twin Honda 150's

One thing I forgot to mention. Check to see what the shippers insurance coverage limits are. A few I checked with maxed out at way less than my boat was worth!! I didn't want to ship with them in case their barge went down or they lost the load at sea. I didn't want to have to turn into my insurance the amount that they would not cover. Especially for a boat I didn't even get to see!!
    2007 Glacier Bay Cat 2690 Coastal Runner, Twin Honda 150's

Default state ferry

Best way is Bellingham-Juneau on the state ferry, then have it transfered to the M/V Kennicott from Juneau to Whittier...totally enclosed, no salt spray and tied down nicely...cheaper than barge and protected to.

Are you going to go down to Haines and pull it to North Pole?

If not, give Northland Services a call to get it to Anchorage. They usually blow TOTE out of the water on prices for stuff I ship.

Default Thanks everybody

Just got back from Valdez and looks like my buddy said the hell with it and drove down there to pick it up and just got there today. Appreciate all the recommendations though, now I'm ready for him to get back so we can use it! Thanks again.
    Cody