Thread: Saw lots of those banned 2strokes, No Troppers

Thumbs down Saw lots of those banned 2strokes, No Troppers

I saw lots of two strokes dipnetting on the Kenai when I went out and no troppers enforcing the new 4 stroke only rule. Kind of pissed me off since I just put down a bunch of cash to get a 4 stroke.

What days were you there? My understanding was the troopers (fish and game?) gave a bunch of tickets out on it. After I was finished dipping Friday night (can't remember the date), I even saw F&G handing out tickets at the gas station in Kenai for not having clipped tails. And this was after midnight. Was told they were in full swing on the river that day checking motors.
    Never count your days, but rather, make all of your days count.

Quote Originally Posted by jmg View Post
    What days were you there? My understanding was the troopers (fish and game?) gave a bunch of tickets out on it. After I was finished dipping Friday night (can't remember the date), I even saw F&G handing out tickets at the gas station in Kenai for not having clipped tails. And this was after midnight. Was told they were in full swing on the river that day checking motors.
    GAVE ME A GOOD LOOKOVER AT MY TROLLING MOTOR
    Hike faster. I hear banjo music.

Default Two strokes in July

I can tell you I saw at least a half a dozen fishing the middle river near Sterling the last few weekends in July. It seems like they came out late at night, hmmmmm........

Either they didn't know or just didn't care!!!

And don't forget the over 50hp guys dipping upriver of the new marker. You could see them all the way up to the bridge without a care in the world. I saw up to 225hp motors running up there.
    Winter is Coming...

Go GeocacheAlaska!

Quote Originally Posted by JOAT View Post
    And don't forget the over 50hp guys dipping upriver of the new marker. You could see them all the way up to the bridge without a care in the world. I saw up to 225hp motors running up there.
    I have to confess that was me once or twice. I guess I failed to read the regs, it was to the bridge last year I thought, or the year before? I read the sign too, and it said "entering" the 50hp restriction zone, and I guess I thought it was an early warning for the bridge or something. I only went a little ways past the sign though, maybe 100 yards past it. I have a 460 inboard too. Could have got a ticket I guess, but lots of guys were going up all the way to the bridge.
    Hike faster. I hear banjo music.