Thread: Scope ?'s

Default Scope ?'s

I need some help on this. I have a new 375 ruger alaska with the black coating. I am in the proccess of scoping this thing and have some ?'s I have a 20+ year old leupy 1.5-5 that is gloss, I know the critters cant tell,but I can, so is there some way I can paint it matte or do I just go buy a new scope? I am thinking that a fixed 4x in some QD rings would be nice and is probably better than the old vxlll anyway. Lets hear some thoughts on this. Thanks

I wrap my scope on my live varmint rifle. When you buy a set of leafy wear camo suit you get a pair of worthless mitts. I cut them up wrap the sope and hold them on with rubber bands.

I really don't think animals are mush aware of glint, they see plenty in nature every day. Heck I really don't think the varmints are flushed by it either. Man is the animal that will take notice.
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tryants." (Thomas Jefferson

If you can shoot well with a lower power scope than thats one thing, but if it were me , I would keep the varible because the 375 ruger is a legitamate 300-400 yard rifle while at the same time a brush thumper.