Thread: Just to let ya know i've got chuckars

Default Just to let ya know i've got chuckars

for those of ya who are looking for birds for training, the chuckars are flying, holding and running good. I've posted info before but not much interest, but here's a few pics of them, and looking at putting on a chuckar hunt down here later on this month for all of those interested let me know, not sure on dates yet, but will try to do it when everone has a day off.

mike
    Attached Images Attached Images

Mike, Let me know if and when I can bring the dog down to see how he does, Taking him on Sunday for ptarmigan and grouse but would love to bring him down there to get more practice. Thanks

just drop me a line when it might work for ya on a weekend and we can put something together if you wanted to do somthing before hand. i've only got 60 or so left and i can see now i didn't order enough but will have 200-300 next year. i also have pigeons, and a few guys i train with trap them so we've always got a good supply of those. but as far as the big end hunt if there is enough interest i'll keep ya posted.

mike

Where are you located and how much per bird Chris

oh! man I so wanan get some birds.Dont know how just yet.Im still getting over that the wife just Deployed argh!

bowtech,keep an eye out there for me you just might see me wiht one or both of the dogs.Good Luck to you.Daniel

I'm located in Delta and the birds are $10 a bird. If no one has hunting ground to use, I have a field here at my house as well my parents farm down here as well some state farm fields to work in.

Mike

Mike,

I'd be interested in 15 Chukars. I'm up here in Fbks. How do I get a hold of you to set up a time and date.

Rob
    "When everything seems to be going against you, remember that the airplane takes off against the wind, not with it."
    Henry Ford

Hey Daniel,
    Lets take all the dogs up or go get the birds and work the dogs in the flood control...pm me and well set something up....

Default SE blues

Man.....I wish I was in the area. I live in Sitka and just can swing getting involved in your shoots or purchasing birds.

Where can I get a pigeon trap? I'll have to do an internet search and see if I can get one shipped for the boys.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Default Pigeon traps

I think Cabelas sells them as well everything else it seems, but also try looking up lions country or gun dogs supply I think are a few of the sites that sell dog supplies as well a little of this and that. Also just got back from ptarmigan hunting and only saw one bird out of three different places and all we got was wet. The sad part was the dogs bumped it without knowing it was there due to that thick willow brush down through the pass. Talked to a aleyska partrol and he hasn't seen much of them around as well the people up at tangles lodge, and by the looks of what we saw, we confirm that.

Mike

Just got back from the steese hiway, a buddy and I battled through the rain and put on some miles along with the lab. Jumped a covy of about 7 ptarmigan and only downed one ( amazing when your walking down the trail back to the truck and not ready for them and the dog jumps them at about 50 yards ). All and all was a great day and the best part was watching the dog work, couldnt have asked for a better lab he did AWESOME.....

Default the Steese?

You go up there take your 4 wheeler,you'll get into more birds way back in there.Thats what I do when I head up that way bud.Take arifle also incase you see a Grizz or two also

Ill have to get a pic up from that hunt in a few minutes on the small game forum.Look for it.

We must not of gone far enough then, we took the wheelers to get our lazy butts up the hill at the top of the world then parked there and started walking. Next time i'll have to take the crate and bungee it down to the rack so the dog don't have to run as far, before we get into the action.

Default Sneaky buggers

well i guess my flight pen isn't bird proof as of now. they little buggers i have come to find out are quite the diggers and have dug a few holes to shimmy out, when we came home tonight a three were out, one on top of the flight netting and two on the round outside the pen trying to get back in. I think one or two of them are from training days that lived to see another day, but by the looks of it they call each other back so got to look into some sort of recall pen. Also who ever is wanting chuckars i plan on only holding orders for a few days no more than a week unless it's a for sure thing due to the demand of others and my limited supply this year.

mike

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

mike i raised homing pigeons... take a look in to the pigon traps used for rasing they are siple one way gates bird flys home walks in and has to stay... i will have to open a few files from my last move to locate the supplier... also for eggs and chicks next season.. look at eggbid.com i have had good luck getting live birds shipped up from there. Jerry Cole in Np has all my old birds. i have to get my new house done before i can get them again.. but i will be rasing ringnecks as well various quails.. i would like some Phes for the smoker though if you know were some could be found.

any way hope the gate helps you keep the lost and founds.