Thread: Bull-Pac rifle mount kit

Default Bull-Pac rifle mount kit

Can anyone tell me if the rifle mount kit is worth getting and if you can access your rifle easily. I currently just sling over one of the frame posts and wear the rifle in front of one of my shoulders. Its not very secure for climbing and I worry it will pull one of the sling swivel studs out of my rifle stock...

Default I purchased one but haven't yet field tested it.

AK Fireman;

I'll be able to give you a field assessment of the Bull-Pac rifle mount after the first week in September as I purchased one for my Bull-Pac, and I'll be using it on a drop-camp Bou hunt on the North Slope the last days of Aug through the 5th of Sept. The test of course is how well it holds the rifle in the field, but I can tell you that I am fairly impressed with it thus far as it appears that it will securely hold the rifle. Like the Bull-Pac the rifle mount is well made and it was fairly easy to mount on the pac (required drilling three one-quarter inch holes for the mounting bolts. The securing material for the butt of the rifle as well as the forearm is heavy, stiff leather. The snaps on the forearm securing leather are quite heavy, and I feel they will remain snapped through most every circumstance...we'll see.

I'm attaching two pictures of myself with my pac on that my wife took of me fully dressed for our Bou hunt (yeah - I've been waiting anxiously for the hunt). It shows the rifle holder mounts maybe better than the Bull-Pac website does.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Default Bull-Pac Rifle Mount

AK Fireman:

I used this on a 21 day sheep, grizzly, caribou and moose hunt in NW AK range in '01, and it performed flawlessly. Secure, rugged and quick/easy access to the gun. One of the better tools I had on the hunt. You can't go wrong, here.

Thanks guys, I'll be ordering it today...