Thread: Smokin' humpies!

Default Smokin' humpies!

Wondering if anyone out there has tried smoking up pinks in an electric smoker. I was under the impression that the oil content in pinks is too low to make good smoked salmon. Anyone tried it and had good results?

Thanks!

You can smoke pinks. At least the ones that are ocean bright. I smoked 3 this year and they came out good. In fact the belly meat was rather greasy.
    O yea I did use an electric smoker. A little cheif and a totum.

Try it and make your own decisions. Who cares what anyone else thinks. I know people that eat stink heads, or folks down along the gulf coast (of Mexico that is) that if it will fit into a deep fat fryer they will eat it. To each there own.
    Bottom line, eat what you want, prepared how you like it, and make no apologies!
    At sea, it's force not reason that confers sovereign rights

We smoked up some nice bright pinks in a friend's smoker (not electric, though) and it was pretty darn good. Tried a simple brine with some brown sugar and a prepackaged caribbean jerk marinade, both turned out tasty. The failure was the mango curry marinade...yuck. The pinks were very tasty, though.