Thread: rhino vibration

Default rhino vibration

any rhino owners. does your rhino have a vibration or rattle while going slow, around 5mph just crawling along? i asked the guys at the yamaha shop and was told it is normal. the noise comes from some of the plastic on the motor rattling and i can't get it to stop. it's driving me crazy-er! i asked if the belt could be bad or the clutch and the said it was fine, but i don't think they actually pulled the cover and checked. it also does it in low range just at a lower speed. it just happens to be at a speed i like to drive out where we hunt while we are going in and out to where we park. any one else have this or should i pull my cover and check the clutch/belt. it has done this from new and only has about 600 miles on the machine. 660 motor.

Default what tires do you have?

did you put on aftermarket tires? at slow speeds with big tread you may experience shake rattle and roll with mud tires. as you speed up it becomes much less noticeable.

its normal. it should only do it in 4wd. my buddies 09 even does it.

it's hard to describe the vibration, but not from the xtr's because it is no different before or after i put the new tires on. it will do it in 2wd and 4wd. if nothing is wrong mechanically i'm ok with that, just a little anoying is all. thanks for your input guys.

Don't worry about it, mine does it too. So does my friends 660s and 700s. It's a rough start until you get to "cruising speed".

There are several places that vibrate, but one of them is the forward end of the bed. Here's a link of someone who went to great lengths to quiet their Rhino... gonna try a few when I get a chance.

http://www.rc-trucks.org/yamaha-rhino-noise.htm