Thread: Fuel Surcharges for 2008 hunts / fishing trips and the future.

Thumbs up Fuel Surcharges for 2008 hunts / fishing trips and the future.

I know that fuel charges are way out of control and have to be threatening Alaskan Outfitters. Does anyone have any knowledge of if or how Outfitters are coping with this increase in fuel? I know that subsequent bookings (e.g next year, etc) will probably address this issue either in a stated surcharge fees and/or increases in the fish / hunt packages. But how are outfitters coping with the upcoming hunts? Is there a surcharge at all being issued? Is there only a surcharge to open accounts (not paid in full)? Or is there surcharges to all bookings whether open or paid in full?

What is the outlook for the industry and livelihoods?

My guess would be that when they book hunters they let them know ahead of time that there's always the possibility of a fuel surcharge. I know the fishing charters do it every year. If there is a fuel surcharge it is almost always passed on to the the customer.

Default Yup, it's there

Quote Originally Posted by kbajed View Post
    I know that fuel charges are way out of control and have to be threatening Alaskan Outfitters. Does anyone have any knowledge of if or how Outfitters are coping with this increase in fuel? I know that subsequent bookings (e.g next year, etc) will probably address this issue either in a stated surcharge fees and/or increases in the fish / hunt packages. But how are outfitters coping with the upcoming hunts? Is there a surcharge at all being issued? Is there only a surcharge to open accounts (not paid in full)? Or is there surcharges to all bookings whether open or paid in full?

What is the outlook for the industry and livelihoods?
    When I booked my fly out for Kodiak this fall there was a fuel surcharge of something like 5%. Though they did say that if fuel prices dropped this fall they would refund the surcharge, but I don't know how far it would have to drop to get it back.

Fuse